KIFF is an independent festival that was born together with the KINOGRAM - a venue of meeting with culture, where you can meet the top Polish directors and actors, where masterclasses with directors and outstanding industry people, movie premieres with discussion panels, retransmissions of important events take place using the extraordinary possibilities of screening rooms and the location in the wonderful post-industrial space of the former Norblin Factory in Warsaw, Poland.
KIFF’s second edition starts this April, and the winners will be announced at the KIFF Awards Ceremony this November, 2022.
We are waiting for films 3 to 30 minutes long. We accept applications from everyone - both professionals and students and amateurs. The films must be of good quality, but do not have to be shot with professional equipment - any technique is possible. An ideal KIFF movie is one with a good, interesting story, a message to the world, showing a unique person or situations….
The first selection will pick TOP 30, which will be judged by a jury composed of well-known and awarded Polish filmmakers and producers.
The KIFF jury will award its three awards, and there will also be an audience award voted during the TOP 30 screenings in November 2022. The KIFF Award Ceremony will take place in the spaces of the unique cinema KINOGRAM, which is a new dimension of experiencing art and cinema. A remarkable location in a revitalized, historic complex, seven cozy screening rooms with the original design, the state-of-the-art cinema equipment selected by the best industry experts and a great variety of films together with an agenda full of cultural events - these are the main attributes of the new cinema in the heart of the Polish capital.
Dariusz Jabłoński - Head of Jury
Kasia Adamik - Juror
Piotr Jaxa - Juror
Magdalena Łazarkiewicz - Juror
Aleksander Pietrzak - Juror
Main Awards for TOP 3 of all submitted films
1. KinoGram Great Statue + 500 euro
2. KinoGram Small Statue + 200 euro
3. KinoGram Small Statue + 100 euro
Audience Award voted during the TOP 30 screenings in November 2022 and grants its award. The Audience Award is non-financial.
All winners of TOP 30 will receive certificates.
- All films must be submitted via Film Free Way on KIFF section. No links to movies (ie. Wetransfer, Youtube, Rapidshare etc) will be accepted.
- All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
- All films must have been produced in or after 2020
- SHORT should be not less than 3 minutes and not exceed 30 minutes
- Filmmakers are responsible for sorting out the copyright on their own materials.
- By submitting to us, you grant us a consent to screen your film in front of a live audience at KinoGram Cinema
- TOP30: Films selected for screening will be notified via email. Award Winners TOP 3 will be chosen from TOP 30 selection.
- We may promote clips from your film on social media, based on the materials you provide us with.
- We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online platforms.
- We place no restrictions on your work in terms of premiere status or whether your work has been made available online.
- Any technical issues with the submitted films are 100% the responsibility of the filmmakers. If, at the time of judging, your video file doesn’t work or doesn’t have English subtitles (if in a language other than English), it will be automatically rejected, without a refund. Please contact the festival team ASAP if there are any issues with the submission process, and a solution will be found.
- We cannot provide refunds.
- By submitting to us you agree to our terms and conditions and to receiving marketing newsletters in the form of emails. We will never sell your information to third parties.
- We are not planning to organize festival banquet after the Kiff Award Ceremony
- We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.