The Kashmir International Film Festival is a not-to-profit, non-commercial & Kashmir’s only independent film festival, established in the year 2016 in Srinagar Kashmir with a mission to celebrate the cinema & work of aspiring, young, independent & professional filmmakers. Its aim is to recognize the enlightening, entertaining & progressive new age cinema of youth & experienced filmmakers.
Founded by the Innovate Kashmir Society, Kashmir International Film Festival-17 provides chance to filmmakers to showcase their creativity. While the festival is open to filmmakers of all age, we feel that just as it is imperative that we should support and encourage participation by filmmaking community members & professional, it is also important that we find and cultivate the future members of this creative industry.
The purpose of this film festival is to promote new movie makers, exchange of knowledge, information, ideas & culture between different nations in context of their social and cultural ethos. KIFF also promotes friendship and cooperation among people of the world through the medium of films & documentaries.
The following prizes will be given away:
Best Political Film
Best Sports Film
Best Women Film
Best Wildlife Film
Best War and Peace Film
Best Current issue Film
Best Health Film
Best Crime Film
Best Science Film
Best Director (For both Feature and Documentary)
Best Documentary Feature
BEST SOUND & EDITING award (For both Feature and Documentary)
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY award (For both Feature and Documentary)
1.The programme of the Festival will be divided into the following categories:
Feature Film and Documentary Feature
2. The Festival Director reserves the right to exclude films which are not in conformity with aims of the Festival,
3. Films entered in the Competition Section must fulfill the following conditions:
3.1.1 Films must be feature/short films/documentary features/Short.
3.1.2 They must have been released/produced between 1st January 2016 and
October 2017 (not released yet and in post production films are also accepted.
Eligibility period will be determined by the Censorship visa/certificate of the country where the film has been produced/released.
3.1.3 In the case of co-productions, at least one of the producers/production companies
must have the right to sanction the participation of the film in competition in the
Festival and authority to receive award, if any, is won.
4.2 Entries will be subject to review by a committee constituted by this Festival
4.3 The competition will be held subject to the acceptance of a minimum eligible films
from different Continent.
4.4 The decisions of the jury will be taken by a simple majority of the members present
and voting. The jury can evolve its own rules for assessment of the entries. The
Director of the Festival, the Nodal officer for KIFF and the Chairperson of the jury can attend the deliberations of the jury but shall neither participate nor vote.
5. DVD’s or Online Preview link for Selection
5.1 DVD’s or online preview links of films may also be sent for purposes of selection
(selection committee of KIFF) only so as to reach the Festival Director not later
than Closing date. DVD’s may also be sent through diplomatic channels. Or send
online preview link with secure password.
B- Documentary competition section must not exceed duration of more than 50 minutes
4. If a film is not eligible to be entered in any category (short fiction film, animation film and documentary film) will be eligible for Critic Film and non competition section.
5. If language of the film is other than English, it must be dubbed or sub-titled in English.
6. Films may be entered by any organization, agency, individual producer or director.
7. Selection of films / videos for KIFF 2017 will be done by a committee whose decision will be final. However, Festival Authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any film that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any caste, community, religion and sect or is likely to promote racism or ill will in the society.
8. A complete schedule of award ceremony for selected films shall be put up on the festival website: around November 10, 2017.
9. Transportation and insurance costs of DVDs/BLURAYs/DCP’s related documents, photographs and publicity materials from the country of origin to the Festival Office shall be borne by the applicant.
10. KIFF 2017 would be allowed to use all photographs and publicity materials received along with the Entry and the same will not be returned to the entrants.
11. Student / Diploma films / videos cannot be considered as Director's First film.
12. Censorship will not be applicable to any films / videos entered in the festival.
13. The Festival Authorities will have the right to screen (maximum 5 screening) in different cities of India on non-commercial basis.
14. For promotional / publicity purposes, excerpts from any film entered in the festival may be shown on any Television network / Internet or related media during the festival period.
15. Entry Forms with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous particulars will not be considered.
16. DVDs submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit DVDs without any physical / quality defects.
17. Prize and certificate will be awarded to the director (s) or producer(s) of the film. For any duties, fees and charges accrued from the transporting of the trophy, will be covered by the recipient, not the Festival organisers.
18. All shortlisted entries will receive a certificate. (Cost of certificate production and courier charges will cover the submitter or Director or producer, if you are coming in KIFF please collect, your participation certificate in special programme for certificate distribution during the festival, there will be no charges.)
19. Anybody can submit one or more than one entry. There is no limit for submission.
20. Films once selected and submitted for the final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances, until the Festival is over.
21. The Festival proposes to have a maximum of 5 screenings per film as per FIAPF Regulations for non-competitive festivals and competitive specialised festivals which allow for a maximum of 5 screenings per film.
22. DVD’s or Online Preview link for Selection
DVD’s or online preview links of films may also be sent for purposes of selection only so as to reach the Festival Director not later than closing date. DVD’s may also be sent through diplomatic channels. Or send online preview link with secure password.
23. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
24. Decisions of the Festival Authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final and binding on all parties.