Kutztown University Film Festival (KUFF) provides an exciting opportunity for high school and college filmmakers from all over the United States to screen their creative work on the Kutztown University campus on April 18th, 2020. We know how much work goes into your films and want to celebrate that effort. Hosted by the Department of Cinema, Television and Media Production, the one-day festival includes a screening and an awards ceremony.
KUFF accepts films from the following genres:
• Drama (up to 12 minutes)
• Comedy (up to 12 minutes)
• Documentary (up to 12 minutes)
• Animation (up to 5 minutes)
• Experimental (up to 12 minutes)
• Music Video (up to 4 minutes)
• PSA & Promotional Videos (up to 3 minutes)
• Best Drama
• Best Documentary
• Best Comedy
• Best Animated Film
• Best Experimental Film
• Best Music Video
• Best PSA or Promotional Video
• Limit: 2 submissions per individual
• The project’s director(s) must have been a high school student or college student at the time of the project’s completion.
• Projects must have a total running time less than the specified maximum for each category.
• The project must have been completed after September 1, 2019 to be eligible for competition.
• All music and copyrighted material used in the film must be properly licensed.
• All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
• Each entrant must provide the following information with their submission: name, age, title of the project, total running time of the project, brief synopsis (200 words max), street address, email address, phone number, school name, and at least one promotional graphic (or screen grab) for the project.
• Videos should be uploaded through FilmFreeway.
• Make certain to enable the download link and include the correct password.
• Nominees will be notified via email or telephone prior to the April 18th, 2020 event. Tickets will be provided for nominees and their guests.
• Entries may be disqualified for any reason if not complete.
By entering the Kutztown University Film Festival (KUFF), entrants agree to grant KUFF permission to screen their productions during the event and to potentially broadcast their projects over the web, air, or cable. Entrants warrant that they have the legal right to submit the work to KUFF, that all statements made in this application are true and accurate, and that all necessary rights and clearances have been secured to screen the work at the festival and to broadcast the projects. Entrants also agree to allow KUFF to use excerpts from their productions for promotional, informational and educational use related to the festival. KUFF reserves the right to determine the final eligibility of any work submitted.