Provides an opportunity for independent regional filmmakers to screen new work. Our aim is to highlight the talent of emerging, independent filmmakers throughout the ASEAN region, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Republic of Korea. This is out of competition.
For more information about the film festival, google along to www.kkiff.com
CINEBALU submission guidelines:
1. Submissions can be made by citizens and residents of ASEAN countries (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam), Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong
2. The submission charge on FilmFreeway is US$8.00
3. All genres are eligible for submission
4. Shorts and feature-length films are eligible
5. Screeners/preview copies for both shorts and feature-length films can be submitted
6. Multiple submissions are welcome
7. The film can be in any language – but English Subtitles are required
8. Submissions must have been completed on or after 23 September 2021
9. Copyright for all music and videos used must be owned by the filmmaker. By submitting your film to the KKIFF2023, you agree that the KKIFF2023 will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your film.
10. KKIFF reserves the right to use stills and/or short clips of films submitted to CINEBALU for the purposes of marketing and promotion.
11. Submissions must be received on or before: 15 May 2023
12. Festival screening format is dcp, bluray or dvd
Curating CINEBALU will take place in May-June 2023 and those whose films are selected for screening will be informed on the KKIFF website and by email as soon as possible after this.
All movies selected for CINEBALU screenings in a cinema will be submitted to the Malaysian Censorship Board
If you have any questions, contact: Jude +6014 3514298 or Jasmine +6017 8212132 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org