Kenya International Sports Film Festival is a Film Festival that is a depiction of the synergy that exists between Sports And Film. This Festival is an initiative of Safinaz Foundation that promotes Sports in Kenya because the foundation firmly believes that while Sports unifies society, Film inspires society.
Best Africa Film
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Chairman's Award - Best Kenyan Story
Best Production Design
Best Screen Play - Feature Film
Best Editor - Feature Film
Best Sound - Feature Film
Best Short Documentary
Jury's Special Award
1. Films must be between 5 -30 minutes (shorts) between 30 - 120 minutes (features)
or (Including credits).
2. Films must be produced from 2014 to date.
3. Films must be submitted with either a Vimeo private link, Filmfreeway screening file, physical copies (3 copies to be delivered to KISFF Secretariat - 1st Floor - Aristocrats House, Along James Gichuru Road, Nairobi, Kenya). Kindly Note - File format MP4 ONLY. All submissions should be clearly marked on the envelope: “For Cultural Use Only” and “Without Commercial Value”. Submitted supporting material (e.g. posters, flyers, EPKs, etc.) will not be returned to the submitter/sender.
4. Any films with Non-English dialogue or text must be submitted with subtitles in English.
5. Films available to audiences either online or on any other platform (public festival screenings) are acceptable.
6. Quality standards must be met. The minimum acceptable resolution is 1080p
7. The submission of your film certifies that you have the full ownership of the rights granted above on the submitted works according to our regulations; and acknowledges that KISFF is not liable for any claims or expenses accrued from any third party regarding rights matter.
8. By submitting your film, you accept that KISFF has full authority to keep your film archived for a period of 3 years. Submitted films may be kept and may be transferred for a better preservation on a new device (digitization or copy). KISFF may also use the films for its educational, promotional and non-commercial activities. Films archived will never be shown or released by KISFF in full online platform without direct consent by its owners.
9. Submitting a film to the festival implies the full acceptance of the terms mentioned above.
10. . SELECTION COMMITTEE & JURY
a) KISFF will solely appoint selection committees to review all submissions. The committees will decide on the Competition Films for the Awards.
b) Awards Jury
KISFF will solely appoint Jury Members at its discretion from the spectrum of film industry players and sports personalities to decide on winners for each of the categories in the Competition Films.
11. SELECTED FILMS
a) The Selection Committee will at its own discretion select the Competition and Out of Competition films.
b) If a film is selected for the Festival whether in Competition or Out of Competition programme, KISFF will send an official selection notification.
c) It is important to understand that KISFF hereby reserves the first right to announce the list of films included in its final Line-up. The submitter shall in no case, prior to the announcement of the final Line-up by KISFF, publicly confirm that the submitter’s film is part of KISFF.
d) For the avoidance of doubt, KISFF will not in any way whatsoever provide any justification and/or comments regarding the reasons for non-selection of a film. The Final Line-up of KISFF 2019 as announced shall be final and cannot be contested in any court of law.
12. SCREENING & SCHEDULING
a) Selected Films will be screened to the number of times as up to the discretion of the Festival Committee. At the discretion of KISFF, the film may be screened prior to the festival for accredited press and industry members. KISFF will, at its sole discretion, decide on the dates and order of the screening(s) of each film.
b) KISFF will, where necessary, make a Screener (digitized copy of the final subtitled DVD) of the film for media screening purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, the said digitized copy will only be viewed by media accredited delegates during the period of the festival, and on a closed internal circuit. The digitization process is secure and no copy or duplication of the Film can be made by third parties
13. ADDITIONAL TERMS
a) The screening copy of the film must be received in good condition. KISFF reserves the right to reject screening copies if found to be poor condition and may ask the submitter to re-submit a new copy. In the event that the submitter fails to submit a screening copy suitable for screening and in good condition, KISFF reserves the right to cancel the selection of the film without any liability whatsoever.
b) For the avoidance of doubt, once a film is selected, the submitter will be unable to withdraw, nor change the Premiere status of the film at any given time before it is screened at KISFF unless accepted by KISFF in writing.
c) In the event that the submitter is found to be in violation of any condition of the Terms & Rules, KISFF at its sole discretion may choose to cancel and eliminate such film from the selection or the Final Line-up and KISFF Programme.
d) Shipping costs to and from KISFF’s premises will be incurred by the submitter.
No editorial cuts or changes to any film will be made at any time by KISFF for any reason or under any circumstances. The Law in Kenya demands that all films for public screening must be classified by the Kenya Film Classification Board. Therefore, all films in the final Line-up of the Festival Programme will have to be Classified for public screening. KISFF will assist with the clearance of these films.
15. ANTI-PIRACY PRECAUTIONS
KISFF undertakes to take all possible anti-piracy precautions. All prints and associated copyrighted materials will be securely stored at KISFF’s premises where access is limited to KISFF’s selected staff only, and all movement of prints will be strictly monitored. No duplication or loaning is permitted and no prints will ever leave the custody and care of KISFF or its authorized agents during KISFF.
16. FESTIVAL MANAGEMENT’S DISCRETION
KISFF will, in its discretion, decide on all issues and matters not foreseen by these Rules and Regulations. KISFF further retains the right to permit exceptions to the application of these Rules and Regulations at any time.
17. ACKNOWLEDGMENT & UNDERTAKING
a) Submission and participation in the KISFF Programme implies acceptance of the Rules and Terms.
b) The submitter hereby represents and warrants that he/she holds all rights in and to the film and its related materials and that he/she has the authority and capacity to submit the film and its related material to KISFF.
c) Except as stated in the Rules and Terms, the submitter acknowledges that KISFF shall not be held liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any loss or damage of whatever type or nature incurred as a result of the submission, acceptance and/or screening of the film and/or its related material. Furthermore, the submitter undertakes to indemnify and keep KISFF indemnified against all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, costs, damages or loss arising out of the submission, acceptance and/or screening of the film and/or its related material.
18. DISPUTE BETWEEN FESTIVAL SUBMITTER AND KISFF
If any dispute arises between Festival Entrants and KISFF on any matter relating to the Film Festival Submissions, such dispute will be refereed to :
a) A single Mediator to be agreed between the Festival Entrant and KISFF within thirty (30) days of the dispute arising and the Mediation process to be finalized not later that thirty (30) days there after or
b) A Single Arbitrator agreed between us to be appointed within thirty (30) days of the dispute arising. If we cannot agree, either party will refer the dispute to The Chairman of The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Kenya Branch) whose decision will be binding on the Festival Entrant and KISFF
The Arbitral award will be final. If the dispute is not referred to the Arbitration process within twelve (12) months, KISFF will assume the Festival Entrant shall pursue no further action.
For any further queries, kindly do not hesitate to contact the Festival Director.