Welcome to the Karnataka International Film Festival (KIFF), an annual cinematic extravaganza set against the captivating backdrop of Hubballi – Dharwad, a cultural hub and administrative district of Karnataka, India. As the beating heart of North Karnataka's cultural scene, this festival unfolds in a city steeped in heritage, adding an extra layer of enchantment to the world of cinema.
Hosted by the distinguished Nava-Karnataka Film Academy, in collaboration with other prominent institutions, KIFF beckons you to embark on a global cinematic journey. From riveting documentaries to spellbinding feature films, the festival's diverse program promises to captivate cineastes and filmmakers alike.
Commencing with its inaugural edition from December 8th to 10th in 2022, KIFF swiftly established itself as a significant event, bolstered by the support of the Government of Karnataka. Over 40 exceptional films graced the screens, fostering an atmosphere of creative camaraderie and international cinematic appreciation.
Building upon this triumphant debut, the 2nd Karnataka International Film Festival – 2022 returned from December 8th to 10th, 2022, presenting an expansive showcase of more than 180 remarkable films. Once again, the festival acted as a catalyst for cultural exchange, spotlighting cinema from Focus Countries including Bangkok, Dubai, Latin America, and the Maldives.
Now, as the anticipation builds, we are thrilled to announce the upcoming 3rd KIFF-2023. Scheduled for December 8th, 9th, and 10th, 2023, this edition promises to transcend the boundaries of cinematic artistry. With a legacy of celebrating diverse voices and narratives, KIFF will continue to serve as a platform for sharing stories from around the world.
As the sun sets on the picturesque Hubballi – Dharwad, the screens come alive with the magic of cinema. Join us at KIFF, where the realm of storytelling knows no limits and the universal language of film unites us all. Your presence at this prestigious event not only honours the art of filmmaking but also contributes to the ever-growing tapestry of global narratives.
Awards for Regional, National, International Movies & Short Movies
Best Playback Singer (Male)
Best Playback Singer (Female)
Best Music Direction
Best Actor (Male)
Best Art Direction
Best Actor (Female)
Best Popular Film
Best Costume Design
Best Children Film
Best Short Film
Best Animation Film
Best Short Film Direction
Best Film in other language of Assam
Best Music Director in Short Film
Best Performance in Negative Role
Best Documentary Film Director
Best Performance in Comic Role
Best Film Critic
Best Supporting Actor (Male)
Best Writing on Cinema (Books)
Best Supporting Actor (Female)
Best Writing on Cinema (Published Articles)
Best Debut Director
Most commercially successful Film
Best Debut Actor (Male)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF FILMS FOR AWARD
Last Date for Submission: 15th November 2023
Following are the terms and conditions to be complied with while submitting films in the Karnataka International Film Festival – 2023 scheduled for December 8, 9, and 10 - 2023 at Hubballi and Dharwad. All the applicants are to invariably abide by these terms and conditions. Further, an individual or corporation submitting the film is warranted to commit the film for screening in accordance with these rules, terms, and conditions.
1. Any film completed after January 1, 2021, regardless of content, subject, or origin can apply for the competition along with the prescribed fee.
2. All entry fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
3. Multiple entries can also be submitted. More than one film may be submitted to the same category. However, the entry fee must be paid for each one.
4. Mere submission of the film does not guarantee selection.
5. A submission will be considered as complete only after the download is enabled for the film's preview screener.
6. The official selection, nominees, and winners will be notified on our official website. The official selection status does not mean that the selected film shall be screened at the festival. It means that the film has been appreciated by the Panel of Judges and the concerned can use the festival logo on his/her poster. A nominee will be privately screened for the KIFF Judging Panel and will not be screened initially to the public. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel and certificate.
7. All the winning films will be awarded with a trophy and certificate. The winners will be presented with the awards during the Karnataka International Film Festival Awards Ceremony, which will take place at the festival on AWARD CEREMONY day.
8. Entries other than Kannada languages must come with English subtitles also failing which, they are liable for rejection.
9. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
10. The KIFF has the right to utilize the excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival within India only.
11. The KIFF reserves the right to refuse any entry.
12. The applicant agrees to indemnify the KIFF, from any claims, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
13. Awards won by non-Indian filmmakers need to pay additional charges for delivery of their award and certificate (courier Charges as per International Rates).
14. The decision of the Jury Members for shortlisting of films and short films, etc. for screening shall be final.
15. The KIFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category.
16. Films submitted without the prescribed fees or proper submission media may be deemed to be ineligible at the discretion of the KIFF Programming Director or Executive Director.
17. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
18. Karnataka International Film Festival has every right to use a trailer/teaser/poster for promotional activities of all submitted films, short films, documentaries, video albums, etc.
19. An official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to the film are required to be submitted.
20. It is the duty of the applicant to select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification.
21. Karnataka International Film Festival does not take any type of financial commitment for the expense incurred on the correspondence by the participant. All travel, lodging, boarding and other miscellaneous expenses will have to be borne by the participant himself/herself for attending the festival. No request for the same will be entertained. However, festival organizers may guide you through it for any help in this regard.
22. The Organizers reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
23. The rules, terms and conditions are subject to modification and/or amendment without any advance notice, from time to time, which would be effective with immediate effect. As such, the rules, terms and conditions need to be checked on a regular basis.
24. Submission of film, short film, or documentary, as the case may, to Karnataka International Film Festival-2023, implies that the applicant accepts the terms and conditions mentioned above.