North Karnataka's first ever film festival is being presented by "Manomay Productions LLP" for our people. The main aim of this film festival is to help young and talented filmmakers to showcase their story to the world.
Citizens of Hyderabad Karnataka are really good in Theatre, Writing, Acting, and also in Direction, to showcase their talent, Kalaburagi Film festival will play a very important role.
Awards for top three short films based on their ratings:
Festival Trophies for:
BEST SHORT FILM
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE SHORT FILM
BEST CHILDREN FILM
BEST EXPERIMENTAL FILM
BEST FILM ON SOCIAL ISSUES
BEST ENVIRONMENTAL FILM
BEST DIRECTOR (MALE & FEMALE)
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
BEST EDUCATIONAL SHORT FILM
BEST SCRIPT WRITING
BEST MUSIC VIDEO
BEST FILM - LOCAL TALENT
BEST PUBLIC SERVICE FILM
SPECIAL JURY MENTION CERTIFICATE
BEST LGBTQ SHORT FILM
1. Entries in other than Kannada languages must come with English subtitles.
2. All entries must have been completed AFTER 2020
3. Any film submitted to the KIFF cannot be re-submitted at any time for a second chance.
4. Works in progress are not accepted.
5. You must own or be given all of the copyrights to anything you submit to the festival.
6. Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category. But keep in mind the entry fee must be paid for each one.
7. At our discretion, we may choose to transfer a film to the correct category, but only if the appropriate level of submission fee has been paid.
8. A screening committee determines which films shall be exhibited, submissions are not guaranteed to be shown. All decisions of the committee are final.
9. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified.
10. Winners will be presented with their awards during the KIFF Awards Ceremony, which will take place at the festival on 28-02-2022.
11. Submissions are NON-refundable. We cannot be held liable for materials which are lost or damaged.
12. Awards won by Non-Indian Filmmakers will need to pay additional charges for delivery of their award and certificate (Courier Charges as per International Rates according to their countries).
13. Kalaburagi International Short Film Festival has every right to use a trailer/teaser/poster for promotional activities of all submitted short film, documentary.
14. The festival will not interact with anyone except the submitter and/or the producer of the film. If any person - be it the actor, writer, director or anyone from the production crew tries to forcibly extract information about the status of the film from the festival authorities, the festival will have absolute rights to DISQUALIFY THE FILM from the competition and/ or screening which you may kindly note. At the same time, the festival may take the decision to ban the production house completely from sending entries to the future editions of the festival.
15. The films & short films shortlisted for screening will be decided by the Jury members and it will be final, their festival team will not entertain any concerns or requests from any filmmakers to screen their short film, in such case, their short film will be disqualified and if selected for an award in any technical category will be nullified.
16) A submission will be considered complete only after the DOWNLOAD IS ENABLED for the film's preview screener.
17) 5th Kalaburagi International Film Festival does not take any type of financial commitment for the expense incurred on the correspondence by the participant. All Travel, Lodging & Boarding and other miscellaneous expenses will have to be borne by the participant himself/herself for attending the festival. No request for the same will be entertained. However, festival organizers may guide you through it.
18) Kalaburagi International film festival has rights to make any changes in the rules and regulations, guidelines, Dates, without any prior notice.
By submitting your short film, documentary, to 5th KIFF you accept the terms and conditions mentioned.