PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR WAIVERS.
IF YOU WISH TO COMPETE AND WIN, BE PREPARED TO PAY THE FEES
CHAMBAL is not only a flow but also a flow of various views. A story of rebellion and scarifies that propogated in the valley, it was because of this trend that the Britishers had tough challenges during Indian freedom movement in the areas of Chambal, which is also a mine of archaeological civilization. In each and every corner of this rugged area, the memories of Indian history are found silently. Legendary film director K Asif whose Mughal-E-Azam was a milestone in Indian Cinema was born here in Etawah and this film festival in memory of K Asif is a small way of remembering the legendary film maker.
Serving as Uttar Pradesh’s fast growing Premier Film Festival, the K Asif Chambal International Film Festival (KACIFF) is founded as a gateway to the pristine valleys of Chambal where many a great films were shot. With an aim to exhibit the most captivating and innovative content, the two day KACIFF 2020 festival's mission is to present quality films from around the world as well as support, recognize and honor budding and talented film makers from across the globe. With an aim and focus to to connect the audiences and acclaim them with world cinema, this platform is also created to bring about greater understanding of the art of film making.
A “Free for All” film festival to enjoy films from various countries and in multi languages, the festival showcases films organized thematically, in hopes of representing the full range of the human experience as reflected by our chosen filmmakers. KACIFF will also be a vital showcase for indie film makers revolving around a theme and have a strong social message.
The following Awards are constituted in FOREIGN / INDIAN categories for Feature Films / Short Films / Documentary / Animation & Music Videos
BEST FEATURE FILM
BEST DOCUMENTARY FILM
BEST SHORT FILM
BEST CHILDREN FILM
BEST EXPERIMENTAL FILM
BEST FILM ON SOCIAL ISSUES
BEST ENVIRONMENTAL FILM
BEST DEBUTANTE DIRECTOR
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
BEST MUSIC VIDEO
BEST FILM - LOCAL TALENT
BEST VFX FILM
BEST PUBLIC SERVICE FILM
SPECIAL JURY MENTION CERTIFICATE
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SUBMISSION & PARTICIPATION
The festival will not interact with anyone except the submitter and/ or the producer of the film. If any person - be it the actor, writer, director or anyone from the production crew tries to forcibly extract information about the status of the film from the festival authorities, the festival will have absolute rights to >>DISQUALIFY THE FILM<< from competition and/ or screening which you may kindly note. At the same time, the festival may take the decision to ban the production house completely from sending entries to the future editions of the festival.
Open to filmmakers worldwide, all genres and lengths depending on the categories mentioned.
- Filmmakers can submit more than one entry to the festival in any category.
- All films that are not in English must have English language subtitles.
- Each entry must be a separate submission which includes form and payment for each submission.
- To apply for special categories including Best Film / Best Director / Best Experimental film and the like, Filmmakers have to submit in the main category and only then you will be eligible for the special categories.
- Any entry that comes only in the Special categories will not be eligible unless you have sent your entry in the main category - Shorts / Features / Documentary
- The Festival reserves the right to determine eligibility of any work submitted.
- Entry fees are payable through FilmFreeway payment systems and are non-refundable.
- The decision of the Festival committee will be final and binding.