It is our esteemed honor to commemorate, in celebration of the 70th year Anniversary of Florida’s very own internationally recognized Junior Orange Bowl, the first annual Junior Orange Bowl International Film Festival! With its longstanding commitment to the community, and its dedication to the arts and excellence, the Junior. Orange Bowl will change the Red Carpet to Orange in the Spring of 2019!
The Jr. Orange Bowl stands to create a competitive film festival for experienced filmmakers, providing an opportunity to showcase their craft to an elite panel of judges from the industry. (Details on the judges to come.) In the tradition of the Junior Orange Bowl's longstanding pledge to enrich and cultivate a future generation, the festival also longs to act as a mentoring tool for younger filmmakers. They will participate alongside experienced storytellers and masters of their craft!
The Film Festival longs to bring all the fun and energy of movies, music, photo opportunities, an opening night mixer, and many festivities and workshops to attend. There will not be a shortage of fun and excitement - remember, it’s Miami!
So put on your tux and strap up your beach sandals - maybe not at the same time - and get ready for the first annual Junior Orange Bowl International Film Festival!
Best Foreign Film (with English subtitles)
Best Movie Score
Best Custom Design
Best Original Song
**Best Audience Award aka Jobie Award
Filmmaker Responsibilities and Communication
It is the filmmaker’s responsibility to obtain release forms, liability or other insurance, and other customary permits, permissions and protections as required by any individual, company, or municipality in which your film is in partnership. Teams are responsible for complying with all federal, state, and city regulations, including permitting.
The Junior Orange Bowl International Film Festival and film festival management, Film Festival Creatives LLC, does not require any production insurance or contracts for submission to the festival. However, we do expect that you comply with local laws and the requests of property owners for the safety and security of you, your cast and crew, and the production itself. The Junior Orange Bowl International Film Festival and Film Festival Creatives LLC are not legally responsible for the production of your film and there is no insurance provided to you or your team. We are not liable for any damages, injury to persons or animals, or unforeseen incidents that may cause physical or mental damage to anyone involved in your production.
(Please be advised all dates are specified BY MIDNIGHT Eastern Standard Time on specified dates)
Early Submissions – September 15, 2018
On-time Submissions – November 15, 2018
Late Deadline – January, 15, 2019
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS - AMERICAN AND INTERNATIONAL INDEPENDENT FEATURE AND SHORT FILM COMPETITION:
● Running time for trailers and music videos must be 4 Minutes or less
● Running time for all feature films must be 45 minutes or more.
● Running time for all Short Films must be no more than 40 minutes.
● Selected films must be made available in DCP (preferred format for features); .mov or
.avi media files (preferred format for shorts); DVD or Blu-ray (as a last resort).
● If film is currently being considered for distribution by ANY distribution company
(Including, but not limited to, Amazon and iTunes), it is not eligible.
● If submitting more than one film, a separate completed entry form and fee is required
for each title.
RIGHTS AND LICENSES
● “Respect Other’s Art!” - You must have the rights to all materials appearing in your film, visual or auditory. You may not use any copyrighted music, lyrics, trademarks, logos, names, characters, dialog, video or audio elements in your film unless you have obtained written permission to do so. The producer, director, or other responsible person for the project is solely responsible for adhering to any and all applicable copyright laws.
● “Be Organized and Professional” - A screening process will be employed for all music and you must be able to provide proof of license when you turn in your film. If there is a question about rights to media seen in your film, you will be asked to present the licensing agreement or provide evidence of original composition. This extends to featured logos, music, and video elements like television content that might appear as a part of a scene in your film.
• Films must be submitted for preview via a password protected VIMEO link, or on DVD (Region 1 Standard). DVD screeners will not be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped shipping envelope (domestic submissions only).
** DO NOT AFFIX PAPER LABELS TO YOUR DVD SCREENER as they tend to come loose after multiple viewings and can damage the equipment.**
• If your film is accepted, you will be asked to submit movie stills and promotional artwork.
Please follow these specs and guidelines:
● HI-RES STILLS (300 DPI, AT LEAST 3” X 5”) CAN BE SENT ON DISCS OR YOU CAN PROVIDE A LINK FOR ONLINE ACCESS TO IMAGES. YOU MAY ALSO BE ASKED TO PROVIDE A TEN SECOND CLIP OF YOUR CHOOSING TO BE USED DURING THE AWARD CEREMONY.
● The synopsis and stills may be used in the Awards Ceremony, the program guide, and will be available to distributors, members of the press, sponsors, and other filmmakers.
ENTRY FEES, DEADLINE, NOTIFICATION, AND SCHEDULING:
Submission Trailers & Short Films Feature Student Short Student
Dates Music Videos & Episodic Films & Episodic Feature
Early $5.00 $30.00 $50.00 $20.00 $30.00
On time $10.00 $40.00 $60.00 $25.00 $35.00
Late $15.00 $55.00 $75.00 $30.00 $40.00
Early entry is strongly encouraged!
Official Selections are scheduled at the discretion of the Junior Orange Bowl International Film Festival and Film Festival Creatives, LLC. The Junior Orange Bowl International Film Festival and Film Festival Creatives, LLC retain the right to make changes to the published schedule at any time and for any reason. Films may be screened more than once or may be cancelled based on time allotted.
Acceptance into the JROB International Film Festival by NO MEANS guarantees a win, an award, screening, or special access to all events.
SUBMISSIONS PACKAGE SHIPPING INFORMATION:
• Password Protected VIMEO links should be embedded into the entry form where indicated.
• DVD submissions should be shipped to the festival office at the following address:
PRINT SHIPPING INFORMATION:
• If selected, all digital files (shorts) must be received and all physical drives (features) must be received by midnight (EST) on January 15, 2019. Films that arrive early stand a stronger chance of receiving a press screening. Shipments should be addressed to: