This is a call for all filmmakers from Yogyakarta, well-known as Jogja, a city with a friendly population, rich in historical value, and adorned with cultural arts, batik, and handicrafts. The place where the classical Javanese art marriage with modern culture in its artworks, drama, music, puppetry.
We would like to welcome the world through the making of inspiring films and documentary created with love and passion.
We accept submissions from all over the world. Categories open are feature and short film, feature and a short documentary, screenplay, and music video.
Jogja International Film Festival (JIFF) warmly welcome students, newcomers, history lovers, travelers, as well as professionals to compete for the best film in our Festival.
We are searching for well-executed short and feature-length narrative and documentary film in all genres but yearning about film or documentaries with social or traditional notes. Inspiring film/documentaries executed with a strong message, excellent cinematography, flow pleasingly entertaining and emotionally moving are the qualities we are looking for.
Jogja International Film Festival (JIFF) will conduct a prestigious and exclusive Awards Night with the presence of kings and queens from Nusantara, filmmaking workshop, and screenings.
JIFF is working together with the Sultanate Office to conduct Royal Ceremony and to provide an opportunity for winning filmmakers to share their knowledge to hundreds of film, communication and broadcasting students in Yogyakarta.
Winning filmmakers would also be gratified to visit the famous Borobudur temple, the 9th-century Mahayana Buddhist temple and the world's largest Buddhist temple that is one of the seven wonders of the world. There also be a visit to the Prambanan Temple, a 9th-century Hindu temple compound that is dedicated to the Trimurti, a cultural walk through the 262-years-old magical Royal Palace of Yogyakarta span for about 14.000 m2, and enjoying the rich culture of Yogyakarta through the Ramayana Dance.
Jogja International Film Festival is accepting submission now.
The festival will hold an Award Ceremony in Yogyakarta. Jogja International Film Festival will give awards for best movie, International Awards of Outstanding Excellence, International Awards of Excellence, International Awards of Merit, and special jury awards (if necessary). All accepted filmmakers are honored at the Awards Ceremony. The overall winner will be granted an exquisite statue, and winning filmmakers will be granted well-framed certificates for their respective winning categories during the Awards Night.
The festival will be featuring screenings, film-making workshops, and special guest appearances by filmmakers, mass media, and celebrities.
This agreement pertains to all Work(s) submitted to Jogja International Film Festival (JIFF):
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film(s) or screenplay to Jogja International Film Festival (the Festival), you are agreeing to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL and 1 (one) Blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with the title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Indonesia, will only receive laurels.
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. Films could be from any year.
20. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the International Film Festivals shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.