Lights, camera, and plenty of action down at the Jersey Shore!
Celebrating its 13th year, The Jersey Shore Film Festival (JSFF) is returning to Asbury Park, and Deal Park, in New Jersey along the Jersey Shore, during the summer of 2020. JSFF has grown to become one of the marquee film festivals in New Jersey. It is a lucrative opportunity for filmmakers, directors, actors, crew, and of course producers to showcase their work, network with leading industry individuals, as well as company mainstays, and achieve recognition in the industry. The festival promises to attract thousands of audience members, filmmakers, and industry leaders within direct reach of New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia and Connecticut, as well as across the country, and around the world. JSFF is proud to feature cutting- edge work from the rising stars of today's up and coming as well as established filmmakers.
While at the festival, enjoy everything the Jersey Shore has to offer from the beaches to the boardwalks, restaurants, shopping, and so much more! We welcome in summetime, and with it a fun filled week, screening cutting edge films, mingling with other filmmakers, and industry leaders at various partying events. Selected Filmmakers, (who show a genuine desire), will be called on to address fellow filmmakers, as well as the general public, in order to share their experience while making their film.
For the filmmakers: There will be a physical screening of their work, along with the opportunity to have additional screenings. Filmmakers will have the opportunity to gather together with industry leaders and festival directors during breakfast conferences, Q&A's after screenings, and Happy Hour and a Half meet-n-greets. There will also be a private gatherings, including Gala Opening Night for the award nominated filmmakers, with a guest, as well as industry producers, investors, and the press.
Finally, filmmaker's nominated for an award will have the opportunity to attend the prestigeous 'Awards Dinner Ceremony'. All in all a great opportunity for filmmakers to stay in contact with other filmmakers, industry movers and shakers, and the rest of the universe, in order to see what they're all up to.
Established in 2006, the Jersey Shore Film Festival was founded by entrepreneur, screenwriter, and filmmaker Stevie Doueck along with his wife Esther. The 13th annual Jersey Shore Film Festival (JSFF) has grown from a sheer concept into a truly promising event, and ultimately a lucrative opportunity for interaction by filmmakers and those attached to the film industry. Already, the festival has delivered on its potential ability to attract thousands of audience members within direct reach of Asbury Park, Bradley Beach, Belmar, Long Branch, Elberon, Deal, Allenhurst, Loch Arbor, Ocean Grove, and the extended Jersey Shore communities; as well as the Greater Tri-State area. The festival has brought filmmakers, and visiting artists from around the world to introduce their films, answer audience questions, and participate in panel discussions. Just a small sample JSFF guests of honor included: Marc Lawrence, Steve Guttenberg, Dan Hedaya, John Budion, Lillian Glass, and Morris S. Levy among a host of others.
The Jersey Shore Film Festival Screening Committee will choose a wide-spectrum of films, all intended to accomplish the festival’s mission: to screen thought-provoking films intended to attract and entertain the greatest mass of audiences throughout the Jersey Shore. The JSFF showcases the best contemporary films from around the world. It will encompass quality films from Canada, European, Asian, Middle Eastern as well as the America's, and ultimately joining up with local Jersey filmmakers.
JSFF has rigorous, high-caliber judging criteria, and will reward its showcased films with titles of distinction; all wearing the festival’s own mark of achievement - The Jersey Shore Film Festival Award®. The festival also welcomes the up and coming filmmakers with little or no experience to upload to JerseyShoreFilmFestival.com or mail in their own short narrative, documentary, animated and experimental works.
“Only at the 'Jersey Shore Film Festival' can filmmakers, film devotees, and the general public gather to screen high-quality films from around the world, as well as network among each other".
Along the Hamlet towns of the Jersey Shore including: Asbury Park, Long Branch, Elberon, Deal, Allenhurst, Ocean Grove, Bradley Beach, Belmar, and its surrounding townships, are some of the most successful and fastest growing summer locations in the world, thus positioning the JSFF as a unique and integral step in building and cultivating the theatrical community. The Jersey Shore Film Festival aims to attract local and worldwide press, in addition to sponsors who wish to match and expose their brand to a new trend. This will provide local residents, and visitors with an opportunity to see world-class films, meet progressive talent and build exposure for small businesses and corporate sponsors.
See you this coming summer: June 23rd thru June 30th, 2020 on the Jersey Shore
For more information visit www.jerseyshorefilmfestival.com
Grand Jury Award: Best 'Qwik Qlip' (A story told in less than 60 seconds, anywhere)
Grand Jury Award: Best Jersey Qwik Qlip (A story told in less than 60 seconds, in Jersey)
Grand Jury Award: Best Picture (THE Best of the Best)
Grand Jury: Best Director (No Better)
Grand Jury: Best Male Actor in a Feature Film
Grand Jury: Best Female Actor in a Feature Film
Grand Jury: Best Narative Feature (Best Narative Feature)
Grand Jury: Best Documentary Feature (Best Documentary Feature)
Grand Jury: Best International Narative Feature (Best International Narative Feature)
Grand Jury: Best International Documentary Feature (Best Int. Documentary Feature)
Grand Jury: Best 'Jersey' Narative Feature ( Made or About somewhere in Jersey)
Grand Jury: Best 'Jersey' Documentary Feature: (Made or About somewhere in Jersey)
Best Environmentally Friendly Feature Film (46 minutes or more)
Best Environmentally Friendly Short Film (45 minutes or less)
Best Narative Short (Less than 46 minutes running time)
Best Jersey Narative Short (Less than 46 minutes running time)
Best International Narative Short (Less than 46 minutes running time)
Best International Documentary Short (Less than 46 minutes running time)
Best Animated Film ( Up to 45 minutes running time)
Best Short Short - Anywhere in the World (Less than 5 minutes running time)
Best Short-Short - International (Less than 5 minutes running time)
Best Short-Short - Jersey (Less than 5 minutes running time)
Best Music Video - (Less than 8 minutes running time)
Best Original Music Score (Less than 8 minutes running time)
Best Male Actor in a Short
Best Female Actor in a Short
Best Prime Time Pilot - Drama (Less than 30 minutes running time)
Best Prime Time Pilot - Comedy (Less than 30 minutes running time)
Best Prime Time (Jersey) Pilot (Less than 30 minutes run-time)
Best Prime Time Pilot - Drama (Less than 60 minutes run-time)
Best Prime Time Pilot - Comedy (Less than 60 minutes run-time)
Best Prime Time (Jersey) Pilot (Less than 60 minutes run-time)
Best Horror/Thriller Feature - Anywhere In The World (46 minutes or more run-time)
Best Jersey Horror/Thriller Feature - (46 minutes or more running time)
Best Politically Correct/Incorrect Short (45 minutes or less running time)
Best Creative Work by a filmmaker (Any length run-time)
Best Rising Star Filmmaker/Director (up to 45 minutes running time)
Best Jersey Student Film (up to 45 minutes running time)
Best Jersey Rising Star Filmmaker/Director (up to 45 minutes running time)
Best Jersey Student Film (up to 45 minutes running time)
Terms & Conditions
* Filmmakers submitting films assume all rights in regard to production of submission.
* To qualify for student entry fee rates, and prizes, entrant must include proof of student status at the time of production (copy of student ID).
* All fees are non-transferable and non-refundable. There are absolutely NO refunds once an entry is submitted.
* Entrants must submit an ONLINE digital version of their film for viewing consideration, as well as (2) flash drives - OR - (2) DVD's should their film be accepted.
* If an entry includes submits 'Flash Drives' or DVD's , they should be received in our office within 7-12 days from the date notified for acceptance.
* All entries must be in English or subtitled in English.
* Films already shown theatrically, or have been broadcast on television in the Tri-State Area prior to the Festival or, available on DVD or VOD are eligible for consideration.
* The Jersey Shore Film Festival retains the right to accept or decline any film, for whatever reason, without notice or explanation.
* Once a film has been submitted it can not be withdrawn from consideration .
* Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
* You may submit multiple entries, however, you must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.
* Films are selected for Jersey Shore Film Festival presentation by the Jersey Shore Film Film Festival screening committee. If a film is selected, the Jersey Shore Film Festival administrative office will contact the entrant by phone or email.
* By submitting, the filmmaker agrees to let the Jersey Shore Film Festival use excerpts from their screeners for use in trailers, publicity and promotions as it pertains to the Jersey Shore Film Festival, and to promote and encourage audience members to attend and or participate in the Jersey Shore Film Festival.
* The Jersey Shore Film Festival is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items, including films in any medium, while en-route or in our possession, on or off of festival grounds.
* Submitted films will NOT be returned to filmmakers. There is a $35.00 fee due to JSFF by the submitter for all entries requested to be returned in order to cover administrative costs incurred by JSFF.
* The decision of the organizers of the Jersey Shore Film Festival, as to the interpretation of these rules is final.
* All entrants will be notified on or before June 15, 2020, if they are accepted. Those submissions not accepted may be notified at a later date.