Celebrating its 11th year, The Jersey Shore Film Festival (JSFF) is returning to Asbury Park, New Jersey along the Jersey Shore in the summer of 2018. JSFF has grown to become one of the marquee film festivals in New Jersey. It is a lucrative opportunity for filmmakers, directors, actors, crew, and producers to showcase their work, network with leading industry individuals, as well as company mainstays, and achieve recognition in the industry. The festival promises to attract thousands of audience members within direct reach of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut, as well as across the country. The festival will host, honor, and screen films from around the world at locations such as The Axelrod Theater for the Arts in Deal, NJ, and McLoone's on the shore in Asbury Park, NJ.
While at the festival, enjoy everything the Jersey Shore has to offer from the beaches to the boardwalks, restaurants, shopping, and more!
Lights, camera, and plenty of action down at the Jersey Shore!
Founded by entrepreneur and filmmaker Stevie Doueck in 2005, the 11th annual Jersey Shore Film Festival (JSFF) has grown from a sheer concept into a truly promising event, and ultimately a lucrative opportunity for interaction by filmmakers and those attached to the film industry. Already, the festival has delivered on its potential ability to attract thousands of audience members within direct reach of Asbury Park, Bradley Beach, Belmar, Long Branch, Elberon, Deal, Allenhurst, Loch Arbor, Ocean Grove, and the extended Jersey Shore communities, as well as the Greater Tri-State area. The festival has brought filmmakers, and visiting artists from around the world to introduce films, answer audience questions, and participate in panel discussions.
The Jersey Shore Film Festival Screening Committee will choose a wide-spectrum of films, all intended to accomplish the festival’s mission: to attract and entertain the greatest masses of audiences throughout the Jersey Shore. The JSFF showcases the best contemporary films from around the world. It will encompass quality films from European, Asian, Middle Eastern as well as the America's, and ultimately joining up with local Jersey filmmakers.
The festival has a rigorous, high-caliber judgment criteria, and will reward its showcased films with titles of distinction, all wearing the festival’s own mark of achievement - The Jersey Shore Film Festival Award®. The festival will also elicit strong public participation, enabling audience members the opportunity to cast internet ballots for favorite entry in categories like Documentary, Independent, and Feature film. The festival will allow for young filmmakers with little or no experience to upload to JerseyShoreFilmFestival.com or mail in their own short narrative, documentary, animated and experimental works.
“Only at the 'Jersey Shore Film Festival' can filmmakers, film devotees, and the general public gather to screen high-quality films from around the world, as well as network among each other. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for filmmakers, as well as the ever-growing audience members, to view cutting-edge films, interact, and learn about the filmmaking industry from the movers and shakers, and leaders of the industry film …”
Stevie Doueck: Founding Director - Jersey Shore Film Festival
Along the Hamlet towns of the Jersey Shore including: Asbury Park, Long Branch, Elberon, Deal, Allenhurst, Ocean Grove, Bradley Beach, Belmar, and its surrounding townships, are some of the most successful and fastest growing summer locations in the world, thus positioning the JSFF as a unique and integral step in building and cultivating the theatrical community. The Jersey Shore Film Festival aims to attract local and worldwide press, in addition to sponsors who wish to match and expose their brand to a new trend. This will provide local residents, and visitors with an opportunity to see world-class films, meet progressive talent and build exposure for small businesses and corporate sponsors.
See you August 1st thru August 12th, 2018 along the Jersey shore - In Asbury Park, Belmar, Deal Park, and Long Branch, New Jersey USA!
For more information visit www.jerseyshorefilmfestival.com
Grand Jury Award for Best Picture
Best Documentary Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best of Jersey
Best International Film
Best Animated Film
Best Short Short
Best Music Video
Best Pilot for Prime Time
Terms & Conditions
* Filmmakers submitting films assume all rights in regard to production of submission.
* To qualify for student entry fee rates, entrant must include proof of student status at the time of production (copy of student ID)
* All fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
* Entrants must submit an ONLINE digital version of their film for viewing consideration.
* If your entry includes DVDs or CDs, they should be received in our office within 7 days of the final deadline.
* All entries must be in English or subtitled in English.
* Films that have been shown theatrically or have been broadcast on television in the Tri-State Area prior to the Festival or are available on DVD or VOD are eligible for consideration.
* The JSFF retains the right to accept or decline any film, for whatever reason, without notice or explanation.
* Once a film has been submitted it can not be withdrawn.
* Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
* You may submit multiple entries but must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.
* Films are selected for Jersey Shore Film Festival presentation by the JSFF screening committee. If a film is selected, the JSFF office will contact the entrant by phone or email.
* By submitting, the filmmaker agrees to let the festival use excerpts from their screeners for use in JSFF trailers, publicity and promotions.
* The Jersey Shore Film Festival is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items, including films in any medium, while en-route or in our possession, on or off of festival grounds.
* All submitted films will not be returned to filmmakers.
* The decision of the Organizers, as to the interpretation of these rules, is final.
* All entrants will be notified on or before July 10, 2018, if they are accepted. Those submissions not accepted may be notified at a later date.
Response from festival:
Truly sorry Mr. Bassolino. However, you did not check the description notice when submitted. As noted: All Music Video's would be screened during intermission. If your submission wasn't in fact a music video, we will allow your submission back this year to be included in festival. Please feel free to contact us regarding this matter. Congratulations on being accepted.