International Documentary Film Festival One World (11. - 16. 10. 2018) presents the best of the latest local and foreign documentaries on sociological, ecological, human rights and multicultural topics. The topic of 19th documentary film festival One world is THE PRICE OF FREEDOM. We focus on movies presented to the Slovak audience for the first time. The festival takes place in Bratislava for 6 days and in Košice 2 days shorter. About 50 movies and 20 side events are part of the program each year. Some of the movies will be shown in more than 20 cities all around Slovakia once the main part of the festival is over. One World is a festival with 18 years of tradition and is annually attended by more than 22 000 visitors. The One World festival is a project of People in need, Slovakia.
Best film award within the competitive section Made in Czechoslovakia.
Audience award for the most popular movie of the festival.
I. BASIC PROVISIONS
• The International Documentary Film Festival One World
is organized by People in Need, Slovakia (hereinafter Organizer) in cooperation with other festival partners. The festival objective is to present the best of the latest local and foreign documentaries on sociological, ecological, human rights and multicultural topics, this year covering the theme THE PRICE OF FREEDOM. It focuses on movies presented to the Slovak audience for the first time.
• Junior section is part of the festival, and cooperates with elementary and secondary schools - providing screening for free. Education is one of the key objectives.
• 19th festival will be held simultaneously in Bratislava (11.10.-16.10.2018) and Košice (11.10.-14.10.2018).
II. PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS
• Only entries relevant to the competition category and submitted within the dates 15.5.2018 - 20.8.2018 shall be accepted. Participation at other festivals is not a limitation.
• There is no entry fee for the entries. Submission is free of charge. The Organizer may pay screening fees to the Submitter, but is not obliged to do so.
• Entry forms must be filled out and submitted through the FilmFreeway platform. Entries must be submitted no later then August 20th, 2018. Incomplete entries shall be rejected.
• Submitter must not withdraw the entry from the festival program once officially confirmed by submitting the entry.
• Shipping fees and insurance of any kind of material shall be covered by the Submitter.
• Submitter hereby declares that he or she is a holder of all applicable distribution rights to submitted films and that this submission does not violate property rights of other parties or personal or proprietary copyright of the author or authors of a given film. The Organizer shall not be held liable for possible violations of right resulting from unauthorized submission of a film to the contest.
III. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
• Entry forms must be filled out and submitted through the FilmFreeway platform, along with all of the necessary items listed below. These items may be uploaded through FilmFreeway or sent directly to email@example.com (when protected, do not forget to state the password).
• Submitted entries must come with the final dialog script with time-code in English language.
• Entries in any other language than Slovak, Czech or English must contain embedded English subtitles.
• Submitter undertakes to send press kit / promotion material, which must include –
1. Title of the film
3. Subtitles (English, Slovak, Czech, or a subtitle form)
4. Year of production
5. Country of production
6. Duration of film
7. Synopsis (600 symbols including spaces)
You can upload all material via entry form on FilmFreeway. The aforementioned materials shall remain the property of the festival’s archive and shall be used for the film promotion, festival’s catalog, website, and any other festival activities and press releases.
• Technical requirements for film entries: recommended format HD 1080p, codec H.264 or X264, H.265, accepted container AVI, MPG, MPG2, MP4, MOV, WMV, frame rate 24 fps, sound norm EBU-R128 LUFS -24dB, aspect ratio 16:9. Organizer prefers sending data via digital garage/cloud, despite sending DVD/USB or sending preview version with password is also possible.The Submitter hereby agrees the Organizer may use maximum 3 minutes of the film entry for festival promotion in any kind of media.
• Non-compliance with the Statute entitles the Organizer to reject the entry.
• Selection Commission selects entries for the contest. The Selection Commission is authorized to reject any entry that does not meet the required technical standards, quality and compliance with the statute or festival relevance.
• Selection Commission selects limited number of films. The Selection Commission is entitled to move the submitted film into other competition category.
• Films selected for the contest are viewed and evaluated by the Festival Jury.
• International Jury is entitled to award following prizes :
BEST FILM AWARD within the competitive section Made in Czechoslovakia.
• AUDIENCE AWARD is granted by audience vote from all the movies screened at the festival, attending competitive section or not.
V. FESTIVAL REGIONAL TOUR SHOW
• By submitting the film the Submitter agrees to enter the One World Regional program – Regional Tour under conditions agreed after film has been accepted to the festival program.
• Selected films may be used free of charge for non-commercial purposes such as education process.
VI. PERSONAL PARTICIPATION
• For personal participation at the festival contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Personal participation not included within festival program, shall be covered by the participant.
VII. FINAL PROVISIONS
• By submitting the film the Submitter agrees to the terms and conditions of the Statute.