Welcome to the Special Capital Region of Jakarta, the city where everything exists, and every character has its own home.
Jakarta Film Awards warmly greets all enthusiastic filmmakers to spread the artistic value and inspiration their films bring.
Apart from its status as the capital of Indonesia with its skyscrapers in the heart of the city, Jakarta has a long history and complex culture. Diving deeply into the historical value of our nation, Jakarta has become one of the vital places where Indonesian heroes fought for their freedom and honor.
Jakarta Film Awards (JFA) wishes to serve the play a role in the film industry and to help filmmakers, both independent and professional, to soar their film internationally and make it famous throughout the region.
Jakarta Film Awards encourages newcomers, travelers, history lovers, and adventurers from any part of the world to compete for best film.
We will consider short and feature-length narrative and documentary film in various genres but think highly of culture, traditional, and heroic films, as well as inspiring film and documentaries that are well executed with excellent cinematography and carries unique and strong voice. We also accept individual categories, such as for directors, cinematographers, actors and actresses, editors, screenwriters.
The Festival has been partnering with the largest cinemas in Indonesia, several international culture centers, and private institutions. Jakarta Film Awards will conduct a famous and prestigious Awards Night, press conference, filmmaking workshop, and screenings. International filmmakers, mass media, mass media, government bodies, and celebrities will be invited.
All winners and accepted filmmakers and members are warmly greeted to take part in the Festival event.
Jakarta Film Awards is accepting submission now.
Juries will choose Best Film; and gives special Platinum Awards, Golden Awards, or Award of Merit.
Overall Winner of the Festival will be granted a winning statue during the Awards Ceremony. All winners and accepted filmmakers and members are welcome at this event.
At the festival, the Festival will conduct premiere, filmmaking workshops, and Press Conference.
Please read all rules and regulations below carefully before submitting your project. This agreement pertains to all work/s submitted to the Jakarta Film Awards (the Festival).
By submitting your film/s or screenplay to the Jakarta Film Awards (the Festival), you agree to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter acknowledges that he or she has obtained all necessary rights and authorizations from other individuals and third parties as necessary before submitting the film/s or screenplay to the Festival.
2. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Festival and all its members, affiliates, and partners from any legal action whatsoever.
3. A) If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and 1 blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length, and director's name. Please mark your envelope and shipping documents with " Not for commercial use - For Cultural Purposes Only".
B) All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
C) All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance), plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants. The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
5. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and their winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
10. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
11. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
12. The Festival Director may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
13. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
14. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
15. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
16. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
17. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
18. Films could be from any year.
19. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
20. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
21. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the Festival shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid, or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our the Jakarta Film Awards, submitter/filmmaker agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival. Submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that he or she has read, understood, agreed with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification, and that he or she is 18 years of age or older and mentally competent to submit this application.