Eat My Shorts is the annual short film program of the Just For Laughs Festival, the biggest comedy festival on the planet (and we're not kidding!). Once again, Just For Laughs has teamed with comedy star Kevin Hart and Laugh Out Loud! to find the funniest short films in the world, the best comedy shorts created by, for, and appeal to you — the hip, multicultural, millennial filmmakers and their audience who drive pop culture. We love to make people laugh, and we want you to do the same by submitting short films of every comedic genre that have a diverse cast and/or filmmakers: mockumentaries, edgy comedies, parodies, animation, and any other comedy genre are all welcome.
10 films will be selected by a team of Just For Laughs and Laugh Out Loud (LOL) programming experts to stream on Laugh Out Loud!'s website and app beginning June 27, 2018. LOL viewers can vote for their favorites; the top five films will screen at the Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal between July 25 and 28, 2018, with the winner announced at the screening. The winning filmmaker(s) receive a $7,000 USD development with Laugh Out Loud.
PLEASE READ IN FULL!
• Open to filmmakers in the USA and Canada only.
• By submitting your short film, you agree to enter the competition and have read and accepted the official contest rules and terms (please copy and paste this link into your browser: https://comedypro.hahaha.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/LOL-JFL-EMS-Official-Contest-Rules-FINAL.pdf).
• Submission deadline is Thursday, May 31, 2018.
• Films must speak to a diverse, multicultural, millennial audience and should not exceed 15 minutes in length (including credits).
• All types of comedic genres will be accepted, and all languages will be accepted but subtitles must be in English.
• Films that have played other festivals are allowed, but submissions cannot be publicly available online (private links on YouTube or Vimeo are acceptable).
• For the submission to be considered, please upload to the FILES & ATTACHMENTS section of your FilmFreeway project page the following legal deliverables:
1. Music cue sheets and licenses (with proof of payment) for all music featured in your film.
2. Any/all licenses for clips, stills, and/or artwork featured in your film (with proof of payment).
3. Talent agreements.
4. Director agreements.
5. Producer agreements.
6. Writer agreements.
7. DP/camera operator agreement(s).
8. Location agreements.
More details and full contest rules available here: https://comedypro.hahaha.com/submissions/just-for-laughs-eat-my-shorts/ (please copy and paste into your browser).