From Just For Laughs (JFL) comes the annual short film program, Eat My Shorts, and we’re calling all comedy filmmakers worldwide!
We are searching for the funniest short films from around the world to showcase at Just For Laughs’ Eat My Shorts, during this year’s festivals in Toronto (Sept. 25 – 27, 2020) and Montreal (Sept. 29 – Oct. 11, 2020). We’re looking at you to make us laugh! Submit your film from any comedic genre – from mockumentaries to edgy comedies, parodies to animation, and anything in between! All are welcome.
The top films will get the big-screen treatment during our festivals (and we’re not kidding!)
The top films will be screened at JFL42 ComedyCon in Toronto from Sept- 25-27, 2020 , and at Just For Laughs in Montreal Sept. 29 – Oct. 11, 2020 (exact date and time TBD)
These top films will be voted on by a jury of programming experts, selected by Just For Laughs.
1st Place $1,000 CAD
2nd Place $500 CAD
3rd Place $250 CAD
The winning filmmaker(s) will be announced at the screening.
PLEASE READ IN FULL!
• Open to filmmakers worldwide (All languages will be accepted but subtitles must be in English).
• SUBMISSIONS MAY NOT BE PUBLICLY AVAILABLE ONLINE IN CANADA
• All submissions must be done through FilmFreeway to be eligible.
• All types of comedic genres will be accepted.
• Films must have been completed in 2018, 2019 or 2020.
• World, North American and/or Canadian premieres are encouraged but not required
• Submissions must be no longer than 15 minutes in length to be eligible.
• Submissions must not have had a web, TV, streaming, or theatrical release (excluding festivals) in Canada before the festival’s closing date.
• Films that have played other festivals are allowed, but submissions cannot be publicly available in Canada (private links on YouTube or Vimeo are acceptable).
• Final Submission deadline is July 15, 2020.
Should your film be selected, please note the following:
• Selected shorts are compiled onto a screening compilation in a format determined at the sole discretion of the Festival. You will be notified of the format required.
• You will need to fill out, sign and return a screening agreement (supplied by festival)
• We will request additional marketing materials (if applicable), such as photo(s)/stills of your film for website, press kits, etc.
• Please note, should you like to attend the screenings you may do so at your expense (flights and hotel are not covered by Just for Laughs). Each project will receive up to 2 passes to attend the festival.