From Just For Laughs, Montreal’s Comedy Festival, comes the annual short film program, Eat My Shorts, and we’re calling all comedy filmmakers worldwide!
We are searching for the funniest short films from around the world to showcase at Just For Laughs’ annual short film program, Eat My Shorts, during this year’s festival in Montreal. We’re looking at you to make us laugh! Submit your film from any comedic genre – from mockumentaries to edgy comedies, parodies to animation, and anything in between! All are welcome.
The top films will get the big-screen treatment during the biggest comedy festival on the planet (and we’re not kidding!)
The top films will be screened from July 24 and 27, 2019 (exact date/time TBD), the peak industry/media/performer dates of the Montreal Just For Laughs Festival. These top films will be voted on by a jury of programming experts, selected by Just For Laughs. The first-place prize is a cash reward of $1,000 CAD. The runner-up filmmaker(s) will receive $500 CAD, and the third-place prize is $250 CAD. The winning filmmaker(s) will be announced at the screening.
PLEASE READ IN FULL!
• Open to filmmakers worldwide (All languages will be accepted but subtitles must be in English).
• SUBMISSIONS MAY NOT BE PUBLICLY AVAILABLE ONLINE
• All submissions must be done through FilmFreeway to be eligible.
• All types of comedic genres will be accepted.
• Films must have been completed in 2017, 2018 or 2019.
• Submissions must be no longer than 15 minutes in length to be eligible.
• Submissions must not have had a web, TV, streaming, or theatrical release in Canada before the festival’s closing date.
• Films that have played other festivals are allowed, but submissions cannot be publicly available online (private links on YouTube or Vimeo are acceptable).
• Submission deadline is Friday, May 31, 2019.
Should your film be selected, please note the following:
• Selected shorts are compiled onto a screening compilation in a format determined at the sole discretion of the Festival. You will be notified of the format required.
• You will need to fill out, sign and return a screening agreement (supplied by festival)
• We will request additional marketing materials (if applicable), such as photo(s)/stills of your film for website, press kits, etc.
• Please note, should you like to attend the screening in Montreal, you may do so at your expense (flights and hotel are not covered by Just for Laughs). Each project will receive up to 2 passes to attend the festival.