Calling all comedy filmmakers worldwide!
From Just For Laughs ComedyPRO comes the prestigious short film program, Eat My Shorts! We are searching for the funniest short films from around the world to showcase in Eat My Shorts, during this year’s 41st Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal (July 26-29, 2023). We’re looking at you to make us laugh! Submit your short film from any comedic genre – from mockumentaries to rom-comedies, parodies to animation, and everything in between! All are welcome.
The top films will be screened live during our July Montreal Festival.
These top films will be voted on by a jury of filmmaking, comedy and programming experts, selected by Just For Laughs.
The top films will be awarded prizes.
The winning filmmaker(s) will be announced at the screening.
1st Place $1,000 CAD
2nd Place $500 CAD
Audience Award $250 CAD
PLEASE READ IN FULL!
• Open to filmmakers worldwide (All languages will be accepted but subtitles must be in English).
• SUBMISSIONS MAY NOT BE PUBLICLY AVAILABLE IN CANADA
• All submissions must be done through FilmFreeway to be eligible.
• Films must have been completed in 2021, 2022 or 2023.
• World, North American and/or Canadian premieres are encouraged but not required
• Submissions must be no longer than 15 minutes in length.
• Submissions must not have had a web, TV, streaming, or theatrical release (excluding festivals) in Canada before the festival’s closing date.
• Films that have played other festivals are allowed, but submissions cannot be publicly available in Canada (private links on YouTube or Vimeo are acceptable).
• Final Submission deadline is May 19, 2023.
SHOULD YOUR FILM BE SELECTED:
• Selected shorts are compiled onto a screening compilation in a format determined at the sole discretion of the Festival. You will be notified of the format required.
• You will need to fill out, sign and return a screening agreement (supplied by festival)
• We will request additional marketing materials (if applicable), such as artwork, photo(s)/stills of your film and filmmaker for our website, press kits, etc.
• Each project will receive up to 2 passes to attend the festival.