The Earth is sick. People all over the world are being forced to stay indoors and it seems like all hope is lost. In the UK - and indeed all over the world, our doctors and nurses are working day and night to fight the fight of COVID-19. While we keep our pledge of staying indoors and away from our loved ones, they keep their pledge of saving lives, fighting the virus and reuniting us with our loved ones.
The Isolation Film Fest has been set up by filmmakers to help unite the world in a creative effort to help combat social isolation in a time where some have never felt more alone. Film and TV have always been in our rooms and hearts since the early days and have kept us company during world wars, economic crashes, personal crises and it is our vision that it will continue to keep us together during this pandemic.
We are delighted to welcome peoples from all over the world to enter the Isolation Film Festival - the first and hopefully the last of its kind. A film competition that seeks to unite the world with the overall theme of 'Hope' We are further glad to announce that 100% of entry fees (which will be donation based) will go towards The Cavell Nurses Trust who help financially support our great British doctors and nurses and further healthcare professionals who are working on the front line to combat COVID-19.
*Fee waivers available to this facing finical difficulties*
-Bumper donation to the charity in your name
-Winning films will be screened in Edinburgh, Scotland (travel money available)
1. Maximum length for all films is 10 minutes.
3. This competition is open worldwide, entries will be received from March 27 2020 at 11AM - May 22nd at 11AM. Please note all times are in BST.
4. All films* will be screened online, unless you opt out, our judges will then select a shortlist from the entries received.
5. You don't have to be a professional filmmaker to take part! We have two categories, professional and amateur. If you are struggling to decide which category you belong to, we suggest entering both or we will sift your film into the correct one and contact you.
6. Sadly we are not offering any cash prizes for this competition, but the winner will get a large donation to the Cavell Nurses Trust in their name! And a very nice certificate emailed to them.
7. NO prejudice against previous online showing/previous winnings