/ ī - 'fē - əs / (noun): a rare species of butterflies. A butterfly is the symbol of change, the soul, creativity, freedom, joy and colour. Their power is transformation, shape shifting and soul evolution. The eyes of butterflies consist of thousands of individual lenses. This gives them the gift of being able to see a single image clearly.
IPHIAS International Film Festival (IIFF) is committed to showcasing films that will change lives and empower audiences. Though diverse in content and presentation, IPHIAS selections are unified by themes that promote positive values, celebrate family, and further important social interests. IPHIAS will be that platform for promising filmmakers who have not yet exploded onto the international scene and will screen an intoxicating blend of national and international features, documentaries, music videos, and shorts.
Set against a stunning Caribbean landscape, visiting filmmakers at IIFF can enjoy luxurious accommodations in the host city of Falmouth, Jamaica. The 2nd Annual IPHIAS International Film Festival (IIFF) presents an opportunity for groundbreaking and dynamic independent films to be recognized by some of Hollywood's hottest stars, producers, distributors, critics, and media, meaning prime exposure opportunities for selected films and screenplays.
Cash Prizes and Trophy Award for first place in each category.
Because of the number of entries received, not all entries are chosen to screen during the Festival. A prescreening committee, comprised of filmmakers, videomakers, and other artists associated with the Iphias International Film Festival, will watch and evaluate each entry to determine which works are selected for screening during the Festival.
The following general rules apply to all entries into the 2016 Iphias International Film Festival.
1. All submissions must be through Iphias.com or our designated submission pages.
2. We encourage the submission of international film or video entries, but all entries must be in English or have English dubbing or subtitles.
3. All entries must be available for screening during the festival, which will be November 10-13th, 2015.
4. We welcome and celebrate Short Films, Documentaries, Music Videos and Feature-Length Films.
5. Entries with a run time of 40 minutes or less are eligible for distribution through the Iphias International Film Festival network.
6. By submitting to Iphias International Film Festival, you agree to allow highlights or excerpts of your entry (e.g., a trailer) to be placed on Iphias.com for marketing and promotion of the Iphias International Film Festival.
7. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. Iphias International Film Festival does not pay screening fees for films.
8. Write your FilmFreeway.com entry number on any and all preview materials you send us, especially the outside of the package and the DVD itself. This will insure your entry is processed in a timely manner.
9. We would prefer submissions via online download. Please provide a link to a 1080p, 24 fps .mp4 of your submission for download. We will also take DVD submissions via mail but must have them in-hand by the submission deadline. If your film is chosen to show at the festival or for distribution through the Iphias International Film Festival network, you must send a full quality .mov file via download or on DVD no later than 2 weeks prior to the festival screening. If no screener is sent, the submission download or DVD will be used to screen.
10. We will notify you that we have received your entry via FilmFreeway.com.
11. We will NOT return either preview or final exhibition materials, unless a self addressed pre paid envelope is provided.
12. In accordance with both Iphias International Film Festival and FilmFreeway.com policies, the entry fee is non-refundable. You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Iphias International Film Festival.
13. All awards are based on the overall merit of the entry. Decisions by the judges are final.
14. Finalists will be notified on or around September 12, 2016, if their entry will be screened at the 2016 Iphias International Film Festival and considered with the other finalists for the top awards.
15. All finalists will have their entries screened at the 2016 Iphias International Film Festival, and will be featured in the festival program. In addition, films that receive the Iphias International Film Festival Award may be distributed throughout the Iphias International Film Festival network.