INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (ISFFK) 2018 is a film movement built around annual film movement and associated activities to create and explore a platform for the filmmakers, activists, students, scholars and common people who love films. To us, it is a celebration of films. Discussion of films, Watching films which shows the different feelings, different aspects of life, different shades of a society is something we always cherish to.
The recent success and changed image of KIFF mentored by chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is the driving force behind this initiative. We firmly believe that Kolkata is the place where documentaries, short fiction films, music videos, experimental films and animations from around the world and across India get proper appreciation. In addition to this, interaction with the directors, actors, film making workshop, seminers on various aspects of films will be held there.
This film fest is being organized by a group of volunteers, young and old, who wish to think differently and love films.Along with it, the guidance and support by film societies, film clubs in colleges and schools and various departments of Government of West Bengal must be mentioned.
This festival will be happening in every year and we will be organising it in various countries and various cities but the final award giving ceremony will be held in Kolkata.
All prizes will be given in cash and a trophy
Best short film
Best Debut Director
Best Woman Director
1. Any year, the short film may be made, not necessarily in 2017-18.
2. Entries must be in PAL format only Festival management will not be responsible if film is not screened due to problem in DVD format
3. The film can be documentary. Experimental, Narrative, Fiction or animation. The orifinal film may be produced on 16mm, HD, Digi BETA, BETA SP, DV, DVD but the film must be available with download opton for preview purpose for technical committee, selection committee and jury panel.
4. Total running time of short film must be less than 30 minutes in length including front and back credits. There is no minimum running time.
5. The short film can be of any language or of any genre. It may or may not have Subtitles which means this is not mandatory.
6. Multiple entries can be submitted, but with separate entry forms, preview DVD/Synopsis and description. Each film will be considered as new entry.
7. The films submitted before can also be submitted.
8. The festival committee has the right to use the entries/send/selected/nominated films, DVD and materials from the film for festival promotional purposes and to retain the DVD copies of each film as part of our festival library.
9. Films once submitted or selected for screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances.
10. The publicity material (brochure, still, poster etc) and a synopsis of the film to be enclosed with the entry. Entry materials submitted shall not be returned to the entrant.
11. Transportation and insurance costs of DVDs, related documents,photographs and and publicity materials from the country of orgin to the festival office shall be borne by the applicant.
12. Film should be submitted before deadline. Festival committee is not responsible for late, lost, damage, postal problem or any theft.
13. Entry forms with incorrect/inadequate/illegible/ambiguous particulars will not be considered. The festival committee reserves the right to accept or reject any film without assignment any reason to whoever concerned.
14. DVDs submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit DVDs without any physical/technical/quality defects.
16. The competition is open for amateurs/, professionals and students.
17. Winners will be selected by judging panel comprising industry professionals, film critics and directors and film journalists.
18. The judgement will be based on
a> Concept and Content
c> Post production
19. The names of the judges will not be disclosed anytime and only the festival committee will take the final call on it.
20. No work/artists/concept will be discriminated or favoured in any form. No censorship will be encouraged.
21. The decision of the jury members is final and no correspondence is allowed/encouraged. The concerned entrants will be notified on proper time through email/phone/letter.
22. The concept and content of the film should not offend any community/caste/religion/tradition and belief. If any film content depicts that, festival committee will immediately rejects that without any intimation.
23. Festival committee will have the right to screen the film or any part of the film in different cities of India on non-commercial basis.
24. All film makers are bound to follow the rules and regulations of the festival.
25. The festival committee has every right to extend the festival deadline for any unforeseen reasons.
26. The concept and content of the film should be original and if there is any legal issue of copyright infringement, entrant should be liable for that.
27. Contestant should have all the required permission for using any visual/image/sound/music represented there. Festival committee will not be held liable for any infringement.
28. In case of minor entrant, the details of the parents or legal guardians must be used for official work.
29. Any person directly or indirectly association with the festival are not eligible for participation.
30. Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their films submitted.
YOU can also make online transfer
Bank name: Axis Bank,
Address: Mangolik, H/H-19/1 VIP Road, Baguiati
Branch : Baguiati
Account Number: 916020054879267
IFSC Code: UTIB0000026