The festival's mission is promoting the importance of film music and its composers, as well as film sound. The festival's goals are to originate and encourage discussions, connecting people, advising, educating young composers, but also other people, through discussion panels, seminars, film market and media publishing; we tend to start and maintain creative and constructive discussions about that indelible link between film and music.
The Crystal Pine Award for best film scores and sound will be awarded in the following categories:
1. Best Original Score | Feature Film – up to 10 nominations
2. Best Original Score | Documentary Feature – up to 5 nominations
3. Best Original Score | Short film (live-action, documentary and animated) – up to 15 nominations
4. Best Original Score | Series - up to 5 nominations
5. Best Original Song | Feature Film - up to 5 nominations
6. Best Sound Mixing/Editing – up to 10 nominations
Special Crystal Pine Award will be awarded besides these categories for the authors who have composed the best music for the world’s best-known movies in the past year – up to 12 nominations.
AWARDS FOR BEST FILM SCORES, SONG AND SOUND 2020
The application period will run until September 15 the latest. The Artistic Board of the Festival will conduct a selection of movies for nominations, and the criteria will be determined in relation to the quality and originality of the score, song and sound. Only films with the production date between January 1st 2019 and August 31st 2020, will be considered for nominations.
SELECTION CRITERIA WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Music/Sound/Song from the film has to be produced within January 1st 2019 and August 31st 2020;
2. Selected films must be in accordance with the categories (feature films – 45 minutes and more, short films – 2 min to 44 min, etc.)
3. The maximum of two composers shall be considered for their work on one film. In special circumstances, the third name may be added.
4. One composer can submit as many works as she/he wants, however, no more than two films per category can be nominated.
4. Eligible servers/links are Vimeo, YouTube or similar. Optionally, WeTransfer or similar download links may be submitted, but Vimeo/YouTube/etc will be considered first.