The International Peace & Film Festival concluded its 2018 season on January 20, 2018. Awards for the best films were presented to filmmakers during the Izuminka Fashion Expo. Performers from Golden Gates Music and Dance company began the event with a lively show of Russian folk music, dance and national costumes. We congratulate our participants, nominees and award winners. May you all find success in future projects and return to compete in our future festivals!
View Winners Trailer: https://youtu.be/r5m-No62EGw
For complete list of Nominees and Award Winners, visit: http://peacefestival.us/p…/ipff-2018-award-winners-nominees/
#filmfestival #ipfftv #ipff #izuminka #fashionshow
Jef Gray, Festival Director.
The 2018 International Peace & Film Festival combines the excitement of film with the goodwill of cultural exchange. The impact of blending a peace and film festival brings mutual benefit to audiences and participants through the diversity of attendees and their talents in cinematic art. IPFF will be held at the Cinepolis IMAX theater in Davenport Florida and will include a fashion show combined with the awards for films at the end of the event. Awards and premier screenings will be on a Saturday at the theater with free entry to the public for maximum crowds. Plans also include outings and mixers/after parties for attending filmmakers.
Video for the 2018 Festival: https://youtu.be/MpD2eQan8QA
The 'Izuminka; Fashion Expo features a runway exhibit of national costumes and collections from local designers, stylists and models.
Video of Izuminka in 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMX45LwV3K0
What to expect:
- Selection announcements via press release with film details on PeaceFestival.us
- Screenings in a modern recently constructed theater.
- Mixers and receptions for attending filmmakers and VIP guests.
- Off-site adventures in the surrounding Orlando tourism districts.
- Awards ceremony + International Costume Fashion Show
The synergy in the peace and film climate will be unlike any other festival as it brings creativity and art together with a purpose for all humankind.
**No waivers or sponsorship are available**
Films are selected based on their fit with the festival theme of peace and creativity.
Notice: If your film contains excessive violence, harsh language or frequent nudity, please reconsider your submission as all transactions are final without refund. Exceptions can be made, at the judge's discretion regarding the length of films or their content. The decision of the judges is final and not open to negotiation.
· International Narrative - Less than 120 minutes
· International Documentary less than 60 minutes
· Short Documentary - Less than 15 Minutes
· Shorts (Narrative and Documentary) Less than 30 Minutes
· Student Shorts - Less than 30 Minutes
· Student Films under 50 minutes
· Music Video - Less than 6 minutes
· Trailer/Commercial - Less than 10 minutes
IPFF offers several awards during the festival season including Ambassador of Peace, Avant Garde, Enlightenment, Essence, Rising Star, Best Screenplay, Best Direction, Best Cinematography, Best Lead Actor, Best Supporting Actor, and numerous Judges Choice awards. Awards are established to highlight notable individuals in film and diplomacy.
Ambassador of Peace
The Ambassador of Peace is awarded to the film that illustrates the tangible engagement of peace. It is the highest award of the festival.
Avant Garde is awarded to the film with highest level of technical achievement used to present a story.
The Award of Enlightenment is assigned to the films which best explore and document a cultural art, lifestyle or history.
Essence is awarded to the top film in the shorts category. The award recognizes the films ability to creatively convey an idea in minimal time.
Rising Star Award
The Rising Star Award is given to the top four performers in the the student film category. Awards are presented for Best Actor, Best Director, Best Cinematographer, Best Screenplay.
Awards are given comprehensively for Best Screenplay, Best Direction, Best Cinematography, Best Lead Actor and Best Supporting Actor.
Judges Choice Awards
Each judge on the panel is permitted the option to award a single "Choice Award" to any film of their choosing.
Prize amounts will be announced based on sponsorship and support for the festival.
To be eligible for consideration:
• Entrants must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, film length, entry material and other requirements as stated above.
• Non-English language works must have English subtitles at the time submitted. Dialogue lists will not be accepted.
All entries must include the following:
1. An online official "Entry Form" properly completed.
2. An online digital entry from FIlmFreeway.com or web link, including password if needed, to an online store of the film.
-If you fail to provide a viewing password to access your film, it will be skipped and dropped from the competition.
3. Note: It is Entrant’s sole responsibility to ensure all ENTRY MATERIALS arrive at the IPFF shipping destination within the deadline window selected by Entrant. Films submitted for the EARLY or OFFICIAL deadline must arrive in our offices no later than 5 weeks from the postmark date. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission, without refund of any kind, which does not arrive at the IPFF shipping destination within the deadline window selected by Entrant. Up to 5 weeks after the applicable submission window deadline, Entrants may email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if the Festival received the submission.
*Entry materials will not be returned and will be destroyed or discarded by the Festival.
Each entered film must be submitted online or on its own DVD(s) and accompanied by its own completed “Entry Form”; please do not send a compilation DVD composed of works for separate entries.
IF YOUR WORK IS SELECTED
If your work is selected, you must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival:
1. You must execute a release agreement wherein you (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at IPFF; (ii) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at IPFF; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless the International Peace & Film Festival, Aurous Publishing, its management partners, its affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of your film at IPFF.
2. You must deliver to the address(es) designated by the Festival
(i) one exhibition copy of the invited work; (online via FilmFreeway.com is preferred)
(ii) a second exhibition copy, if your film is in competition (to accommodate juror screenings); and
(iii) additional exhibition copies, if requested by the Festival (to allow for multiple screenings at more than one venue). We recommend you ship via courier in order to permit the tracking of your entry once it leaves your hands.
o All exhibition copies must be delivered in DVD format.
3. You must provide a properly completed and signed official IPFF “Film Information Form” including all press and publication assets as specified in the “Materials Checklist”.
4. You must provide at least one DVD copy of the final, completed film for Festival archives and internal purposes (online submussion is preferred).