2 million kids.
The International Kids Film Festival, conceived by LXL Ideas, is the world's largest children's film festival and aims to bring inspiring, meaningful and globally diverse cinema to over 2 million school students across Asia and Africa. The first edition of IKFF was conducted in India in November 2017, where close to 1 million students across 500 schools in 75 cities participated. This year IKFF is growing bigger and better!
IKFF will allow kids to experience the magic of cinema right in their own school! Schools will be able to host IKFF on their own campus, for their students, parents and teachers by simply unboxing this Festival In A Box.
that inspire creativity
that fire the imagination
that introduce new cultures
that make learning fun
How does it work?
Our specially curated films will be sent to schools that have registered with IKFF, on a protected online/offline platform. So thousands of schools across twenty countries will be able to simultaneously host IKFF between 14th and 20th November 2018.
About the Organiser:
IKFF is conceived and organized by LXL Ideas, leaders in the field of media education in schools in India. LXL Ideas, impacts learning and creates experiences for students, parents and educators. For over two decades, LXL Ideas has been making award-winning films, organising large-impact events, publishing authoritative writing and delivering holistic research & training.
Over the past decade, LXL Ideas has produced over 100 films for children and youth for it's life skills program School Cinema. School Cinema is today being used by 700,000+ students in 4 countries. Awarded with 6 prestigious National Film Awards, School Cinema films have also screened in over 150 film festivals across the world.
Best Live Action - Feature
Best Animation - Feature
Best Documentary - Feature
Best Live Action - Short
Best Animation - Short
Best Documentary - Short
- Children’s short/ feature – live action
- Children’s short/ feature – animation
- Children’s short/ feature – documentary
2) Short Films with a minimum duration of 1 minute and maximum duration of 40 minutes will be eligible.
3) Feature Films with a minimum duration of 40 minutes will be eligible.
4) Regardless of language, all films with narration/dialogue MUST have English subtitles.
5) Only Projects completed after 1 January 2016 will be eligible.
6) Submission Format:
• Media files:
DIGITAL FILES ONLY
PLEASE NOTE: By submitting your film for IKFF, you will be consenting to the following:
• The film will be used as part of IKFF’s programme which will be sent to schools either on a time sensitive protected online platform or an encrypted content delivery device.
• The supporting materials of the film will be used in promotional activities for the festival.
• Parts of the film can be also be used for promotional activities for the festival.
• If the film is selected, one copy will have to be submitted with English subtitles. The filmmaker will also need to provide a subtitle-free version of the film along with a time-coded dialogue sheet in English. Due to the wide reach of the Festival, the IKFF team will need to subtitle the film in French, Russian and Arabic.