The Festival is looking for an extraordinary person and excellent films with a heroic theme that touches our real world, a film about nation heroes, someone who has made a tremendous effort for others, or that his / her bravery or creativity or actions have changed other people's life.
The Festivals aims to encourage international audience about faith, and hope for humanity by giving a global recognition for a film or a filmmaker/hero.
Submit a heroic person you know, or yourself, and spread the inspiring heroic action through your life and work!
The International Heroes Awards is waiting for your excellent films. The seasoned juries will judge your film and works, and choose films and profile which deserved international recognition.
Filmmakers, save the world; save your environment, save your loved ones. This is the time to act and help the world become a better place.
Spread the good work now. It might start with this submission.
ABOUT THE SUBMISSION
- We are looking for documentary and narrative films that are related to heroic action or life towards humanity, environment, or biographies and other inspiring themes (narrative films and documentaries) containing heroic stories/action, bravery actions, outstanding character that withstand the test of time for the benefit of society, strong passionate leaders, etc.
- Films could be from any year.
- Films can from any parts of the world. International films and documentary with non-speaking English language should be dubbed or translated.
International Hero of the Year, International Heroine of the Year, International Platinum Heroes Awards, International Gold Heroes Awards,
Awards Night will be presented on July 2019 to celebrate UN World Humanitarian Day.
All winners are invited at the Awards Ceremony. The Festival will give physical awards to all attendant winners.
Please read this below TERMS & CONDITIONS carefully before you submit.
This agreement pertains to all Work/s submitted to International Heroes Awards. Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film/s to the International Heroes Awards, you agree to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full. Submitters can submit themselves, or he/she you know, living or dead. CV and other supporting documentation or related information like photos, clipping, or films are suggested. Juries may also search information from other sources once we accept the submission.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc. and the submitter releases the Festival and its entire member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. A. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL and 1 (one) Blu-ray (optional) or DCP, must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with the title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
B. For general category, you do not need to send the above items (number 2A).
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. The Festival will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
AWARDS CEREMONY & SCREENING
7. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
8. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony, will only receive laurels.
9. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
10. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the International Heroes Awards shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitters/filmmakers:
- indicate that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.