Films have always been one of the best ways to express strong feelings, both for the filmmakers and the audience, and acting as one of the most effective and communicative ways to tell messages. Through International Film Festival for Documentary, Short, and Comedy, we hope to facilitate creative filmmakers to show their artwork, encourage talented and passionate filmmakers to express their voice and to provide positive life through a laugh and meditative encouragement.
We are seeking films (both short films and documentaries) with strong voice, originality, creativity, and flowing story-telling, and produced with excellent techniques to be our showcase.
The International Film Festival for Documentary, Short, and Comedy will act as a mean to sustain and promote the continuity of creativity and artworks produced and carved by filmmakers all over the world in following their dreams to speak their story, to show real events and life, as well as to participate in the film industry.
The International Film Festival for Documentary, Short, and Comedy opens its submissions from filmmakers all over the world. We accept documentary (any length), short films, and films (any length) with comedy genres. Newcomers are welcomed. The films will be pre-selected before presented to the judging panel.
The International Film Festival for Documentary, Short, and Comedy will give awards for overall winner, awards of excellence, awards of merit, and special jury award (if necessary) during the Awards Night in Indonesia. The Overall winner of the Festival will be granted a winning statue during the Awards Day.
All accepted filmmakers are honored at the Awards Ceremony.
The festival will be featuring screenings, film-making workshops, press conference and special guest appearances by filmmakers and celebrities.
RULES & REGULATION:
This agreement pertains to all Work(s) submitted to International Film Festival for Documentary, Short, and Comedy (the Festival):
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film(s) or screenplay to the Festival, you agree to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc. and the submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. A) If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and 1 blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices.
B) Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 2A through courier, or post, or Digital Transfer Service. We do not accept data for final judging and screening.
C) Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitter are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. Films could be from any year.
20. Student submitter should be able to show his/her valid Education institution student identity document/card upon request by the Festival. Failure to do so will lead to disqualification, and the Festival will have no obligation to refund the submission fee.
21. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the International Film Festivals shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.