Filem'on is a filmfestival for children from 2 to 15 years old in 7 different venues in Brussels and Ghent, Belgium, during 10 days in Autumn. Yearly, Filem'on selects about 140 films from all over the world, based on the festival's mission to offer its young audience films that cannot be found in mainstream cinemas. To inspire and connect professionals in the childrenfilm industry, Filem'on organizes an international Exchange conference during the festival.
Filem'on is a member of ECFA and a partner for several film initiatives, such as the YAA.
Filem'On works with a national and international children's jury, composed of teenagers from divers backgrounds. The jury rewards the winning films with a Bella Brussella price.
The ECFA Award price is distributed by professionals, all members of ECFA Association. There are roughly 20 features and 50 short films in competition.
Guidelines for the selection process:
- Technical information about the film is needed :
- A synopsis has to be provided: For feature films 400 signs. For short films 120 signs.
- A high quality still of the film has to be provided: JPEG 300dpi.
- A trailer of the film in mp4 format is a plus.
- To take part in the competition, your film has to have its premiere in Brussels.
The filmmaker, producer or distribution company receives no screeningsfee from Filem'On for films selected for competition.
- Feature film in competition: "kids & "Teens" One representative (ifrom Europe) will be offered three nights accommodation and free accreditation for all screenings, conferences and masterclasses. Travel costs of European guests are payed back by the organisation..
Translations/subtitles into Dutch and/or French will be delivered in exchange. if no European reprensentative of the film exist."
- Feature films in comoetition "Mundi" al translations/subtitles into Dutch and/or French will be delivered in exchange. If it is a coproduction with an European country, Travel costs of the European producer or director can also payed back by the organisation. Translations/subtitles into Dutch and/or French will be delivered in exchange.
- Short films in competition: One representative will be offered 3 nights of accommodation and free accreditation for all screenings. Travel costs are not covered.
The shortilfm is shown 3 times. 2 times during the festival, and one time during our monthy cinéclub after the festival.
Postal/Travel costs of DCP files (feature film) are covered by Filem'on.
Short Film files need to be send digitally in high quality H264/mp4 format (1920x1080p).
Feature films can be admitted in DCP format, as Apple ProRes (422 HQ) file or as a Blu Ray disc. To deliver your film, you can use our FedEx Shipment service or FTP server.
All films need to be provided with English subtitles and a srt timecode file.