Inspired Dance Schools Film Festival is an international dance on film festival for part-time dance schools, full-time dance schools, and secondary schools. 2021 features dance on film workshops, masterclasses with industry professionals, and in-person panel discussions on the art of dance filmmaking. The festival finishes with a red carpet gala event featuring a stunning showcase screening of the finalists up on the Big Screen, plus the announcement of award winners for Inspired Dance Schools Film Festival 2021, Sunday 11th of July 2021, at Hoyts Cinema, Entertainment Quarter, Sydney.
Best Of the Fest Award
(Awarded to the best film of the festival)
Peoples Choice Award
(Awarded to the most popular film voted by the audience)
BWP Studios Best Film Production Award
(Awarded to the film with the best technical film production)
Best Part-Time Dance School Film Award
(Awarded to the best film created by a part-time dance school)
Best Full-Time Dance School Film Award
(Awarded to the best film created by a full-time dance school)
Best Secondary School Dance Film Award
(Awarded to the best film created by a secondary school)
Best Student Dance Filmmaker Award
(This category is open to students 13 to 17 yrs. The film must be conceived and choreographed by the student/s.)
SF 3 - Best Mobile Device Dance Film Award
(The film must be filmed entirely on a mobile device - eg iPhone, iPad, mobile phone... The winner receives free entry into the SF3 film festival)
*Full-Time Dance and Filmmaking students 18+ must submit to Inspired Dance Film Festival Australia
**Award winners will receive a trophy and the official “Award Winner” laurel to add to the title/credits of their film.
N.B. - All selected films will become a part of our permanent archive.
1. Films for Inspired Dance Schools Festival must be no longer than 10 minutes for school/studio entries, and 5 minutes for student entries, including titles and credits. There is no minimum time limit.
2. Inspired Dance Schools Festival accepts any and all genres.
3. You can use any software to edit video and audio.
4. You can use any software for colour correction or special effects.
5. You cannot use copyright material unless you have documentation to prove you have legal authorization from the musician, artist, writer, or record label. We may ask for this documentation at any time.
6. You may also be required to provide Dancer Release Forms to be signed by the people appearing in your film.
7. The festival is open to filmmakers aged 13 yrs and above.
8. The submission deadline is 11:59 pm (AEST), May 31st, 2021.
9. Entrants must agree to their film being uploaded to the IDFFA Schools Festival website and shown online, and on the IDFFA Schools Festival Youtube channel at the festival organiser’s discretion unless stated otherwise and/or discussed with IDFFA. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns about this.
10. All content submitted must be in accordance with the law and any perceived illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
11. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. If your film is selected as a finalist for our IDFFA Schools Festival Gala it must be submitted in 16:9 ratio and in a non-compressed format. We recommend an MP4 or .mov, files in the largest size possible, with a constant frame rate and Stereo 48kHz sound so it will look good on the big cinema screen.
13. Your film can have screened in other film festivals, just as long as you have never entered it into IDFFA Schools Festival (unless approved by festival directors at their discretion).
14. Submissions are exclusively through FilmFreeway.
15. You can enter as many films as you like.
16. If anyone is found to have broken any of the rules then you may be disqualified from the festival at the discretion of the panel.
17. By entering IDFFA Schools Festival, you agree to allow your film to be screened as part of our festival if selected as well as any subsequent tours of our program.
18. By entering, you agree to allow IDFFA Schools Festival to distribute your film to a third party. Your film’s producer will be consulted on any deals and we will never distribute your film without complete permission and agreeance to do so. If no suitable agreement can be found, then we will not include your film in the distribution. This in no way impacts your entry into IDFFA Schools Festival itself.