For more than three decades, Inside Out has brought Toronto's LGBTQ community together in celebration of the best queer film from Canada and around the world. Through our annual Festivals in Toronto and Ottawa, our filmmaker initiatives, our youth engagement and our year-round events and screenings, Inside Out is engaged every day in challenging attitudes and changing lives.
In 1991, Inside Out celebrated its first film and video festival with a small community of people who yearned to see film and video created by and about lesbians, gays, bisexuals and trans (LGBT) people. Currently the largest event of its kind in Canada, the Festival entertains film buffs of all stripes, showcasing the best and most diverse work of interest to LGBTQ+ communities. Taking place over 11 days, the Festival draws crowds of 35,000 to screenings, artist talks, panel discussions, installations and parties that highlight more than 150 films from Canada and around the world.
Audience Award - Short
Audience Award - Documentary Feature
Audience Award - Narrative Feature
Best First Feature
Emerging Canadian Artist
Best Canadian Short
Best Canadian Feature
1. Only secure online screeners will be accepted for preview. If you wish to submit in any other format, please email email@example.com for approval.
2. All films selected to screen at Inside Out must include either captions or subtitles in English.
3. Works-in-progress and rough cuts can be submitted only if a completed exhibition copy will be available for final approval by March 4, 2022.
4. Inside Out reserves the right to excerpt programmed works (up to 3 minutes) along with photographic stills for promotional and marketing purposes.
5. All submissions must be received by January 28, 2022 (If you need an extension you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified of programming decisions on April 29, 2022).
6. Acceptable screening formats at the Festival are DCP, Quicktime.
7. Films with a completion date no more than 18 months before the festival dates will be accepted, films with a completion date later than the previous year's festival dates will be given preference.
8. When submitting your film, please include in your cover letter whether it is considered Two-Spirit, Queer, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, or a combination thereof.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Festival will make every effort to ensure the safe keeping of all productions submitted for competition which are in its care or control. However, the Applicant in applying to the Festival agrees to release the Festival, its Officers, Directors and other representatives, from any and all claims arising in any way from the submission of materials by or on behalf of the Applicant, whether on film, video or otherwise to the Festival.