INDIEDANCE Film Festival is a Los Angeles county based film festival with live screenings held annually in Southern California. We celebrate Independent Short and Feature films of all genres.
INDIEDANCE Film Festival is for working Filmmakers, by working Filmmakers. INDEDANCE Film Festival is Relentlessly Independent.
As independent filmmakers ourselves we understand how much hard work and personal sacrifice has gone into the creation of your film and have therefore developed the following Filmmaker Bill of Rights to ensure that all film submissions are treated fairly and impartially.
What makes INDIEDANCE Film Festival different? The INDIEDANCE Bill of Rights is our commitment to all submitting filmmakers:
The INDIEDANCE Filmmaker Bill of Rights:
I-Our programmers will view your entire film. We will ensure that our staffing levels are sufficient at all times so that all submitted films will be given fair consideration, all films submitted will be judged fairly and in their entirety.
II-Your film will stand on its own merits as we do not collect personal information about the Filmmakers who have created it. If it’s a good film, it will be passed up for next level consideration.
III-100% of our programmed films will come from open submissions. We will not pre-fill valuable slots by running after films that have played in previous festivals and who have opened to acclaim. We will find the next great Filmmakers through our submission process and don’t need to chase anyone down in hopes of elevating our festivals reputation-this will occur naturally through a thorough screening process and does not need to be augmented by recruiting what’s just played at film fest XYZ.
IV-Our festival will not cave into sponsors who may attempt to strongly recommend one film over another as a winner of any of our categories. Your film will be judged on its merits and nothing else.
V-Your film will not be made available online by our festival for any reason. No small print, no disclaimer-we just won’t do it. We will view your film via the FilmFreeway link and only request the download option if your film has been selected for our annual Live Screenings.
The inaugural year of our live screenings will be held at the Aurora theater screening room in Long Beach California, a professional venue combining crisp digital projection with outstanding sound.
In addition, all films entering will be rated by our judges with winning entries recognized and awarded at four levels:
Best Picture (Best of the Festival Feature and Short)
Gold Award Level,
Silver Award Level
Bronze Award Level
Our four Award Levels offer Filmmakers of all experience-levels and films of all budgets an equal opportunity to win.
Not all award winners will screen during our annual live screening.
Winners of the INDIEDANCE Film Festival Best of the Festival Feature and Short along with the Best Produced Screenplay, will receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more.
Producers have made more than 393 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip. InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers.
In addition, we will be offering the following awards for stand-out Filmmakers during our annual live screenings in Southern California:
-Best Emerging Filmmaker Award
-Best US Filmmaker Award
-Best International Filmmaker Award
-The INDIEDANCE Impact Award
• Submissions are open to anyone, 18 years of age or older.
• All genres accepted with the exception of pornography and films expressing hate in
• No Premiere status is required.
• All films not in English are required to have English subtitles prior to submission.
• The payment of an entrance fee is required.
• Entry fees are non-refundable.
• By submitting your film to The INDIEDANCE Film Festival you confirm that you own
the rights of the film.
• The INDIEDANCE Film Festival will not be held responsible for any copyright issues
• By submitting your film, you acknowledge that The INDIEDANCE Film Festival
reserves the right to promote your film on our website and social media, including
the use of a clip and/or trailer as well as stills that you will provide for promotional
• The internal Jury of The INDIEDANCE Film Festival will select the Official Selection
from which the Winners of the festival will be determined.
• Entry does not guarantee acceptance into the festival.
• Winners at all levels will receive Festival Laurels. Best Picture Feature and Best
Picture Short announced during the annual screenings in Southern California will
receive an INDEDANCE winner trophy.
• The INDIEDANCE Film Festival does not make your film available online to the
• All film entries must submit an online screener via FilmFreeway.
• Rules, terms and conditions are subject to change at the discretion of The
INDIEDANCE Film Festival, presented by Treading Yesterday LLC.
• We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special
circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed of any changes via website
• By submitting you declare that you have understood and agreed to the rules and
terms of The INDIEDANCE Film Festival.