The 2nd Annual Indie Memphis Youth Film Fest is an all-day event dedicated to showcasing short films and videos from regional and national youth.
Saturday, September 9th at the Halloran Centre at the Orpheum.
The event will also feature several presentations and workshops from high-profile guests. Last year's inaugural event included Memphis-based Hollywood director, Craig Brewer, plus Chris Strompolos & Eric Zala, who as kids between the ages of 12 and 17 shot one of the most famous fan-films ever – a shot-for-shot no budget remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Awards & Prizes
Prize money will be awarded to the winners. More information coming soon!
Rules & Terms
• All films submitted must be made by students in grades 7-12 or 2017 high school graduates.
• Students can submit for free films of any type and length (Under 10 minutes strongly suggested)
• Films can be shot with any type of equipment including cell phone, iPad and Go Pro cameras.
• The director, writer, camera person and picture editor must be between grades 7 - 12, including 2017 high school graduates. The actors may be of any age. Adults may assist the crew in advisory/educational roles only.
• Students can submit as many entries as they like but each must be submitted as a separate entry.
• The deadline to submit is 11:59pm Tuesday, Aug. 1st.