With 1000+ submissions from 50+ countries, the Independent Film Awards has exploded onto the scene.
To be THE community for independent filmmakers. You are an early investor in this ride.
Why should you join us?
- Go all the way. Several of our winners have already gone onto to secure deals with Amazon and other major distributors.
- Meet the right people. We strive to facilitate the connections that matter, both creative and commercial. That's why our festival is bustling with some of the finest minds in the business. Don't miss out.
- Get seen. We carefully cultivate the absolute best submissions to screen at our legendary events. Yours could be one. But only that's offline...
- Film Club (and you CAN talk about it). Our innovative streaming platform means your work could be seen by the top talent across the globe - not just at our festivals.
- We're more than a festival. When you submit, you join our community. You will get plugged into our awesome global network on ifawards.org - don't delay.
- We're a team. As well as the IFA community, the IFA staff is here for you to help your film career in any way we can.
"I would be a nobody without these guys." - Tarantino (according to a Hollywood insider)
The IFA has three categories of recognition:
1. Winner in Category
2. Official Selection (runner-up)
3. Official Nomination (semi-finalist)
This season's London festival is running on June 3rd 2022 and we can't wait to see you there!
WE ARE PROMISING ORIGINAL CINEMA, COOL PEOPLE AND A BAR. WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?
Best Short Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Foreign Film
Best Music Video
Best British Film
Best Humanitarian Documentary
1. Films eligible for Official Nomination and Official Selection will be announced on the judging deadline.
2. All winners will be contacted and receive Winner Laurels and Award Certificates. All Official Selections and Nominations will receive laurels. Each category of recognition will also be listed on our website and social media.
3. All foreign submissions must be subtitled in English.
4. Online screeners and posters are mandatory and must be uploaded to FilmFreeway’s site. Digital files only please.
5. All films must have been made in or after 2010.
6. By submitting your film to our festival you agree that your produced work can be uploaded/embedded on our website and social media pages (trailer is also fine if you don’t want to screen your film). The filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing. By submitting, the filmmaker allows us to advertise for them without infringing copyright of any kind of form and list them on social media platforms as well as our website.
7. The entry fee is not refundable.
8. Rules and terms and conditions are subject to change at the discretion of the Independent Film Awards.
9. By submitting you agree to our terms and conditions and give us permission to use your email address for marketing purposes. Your information will never be shared with 3rd parties.