London has long had a proud and thriving filmmaking scene. We are celebrating that heritage by recognizing the talent that continues to push the boundaries of independent cinema - from across the globe.
Our minimum requirement for award winners is quality. Too many award ceremonies have become arbitrary and self-congratulatory. We answer to no one and simply want to showcase the best. The IFA is also a great networking opportunity for upcoming filmmakers. We make sure the room is full of all the people you need to take your filmmaking to the next level.
But above all, we are about having a good time. Mostly, this is through the amazing films submitted... But the legendary after party may also have something to do with it.
The IFA has two categories of recognition:
The judges and festival organisers will select the best films to be screened in front of large audience in London in 2020.
Best Short Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Foreign Film
Best Music Video
Best British Film
Best Humanitarian Documentary
1. Films eligible for Official Selection will be announced on the judging deadline and those who are Nominations will be announced two days later. Winners will be announced at the festival.
2. All winners will be contacted and receive Winner Laurels and Award Certificates. All Official Selections and Nominations will receive laurels. Nominations will also be listed on our website and social media.
3. All foreign submissions must be subtitled in English.
4. Online screeners, and posters are mandatory and must be uploaded to FilmFreeway’s site. Digital file only.
5. All films must have been made in or after 2010.
6. By submitting your film to our festival you agree that your produced work can be uploaded/embedded on our website and social media pages (trailer is also fine if you don’t want to screen your film). The filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing. By submitting, the filmmaker allows us to advertise for them without infringing copyright of any kind of form and list them on social media platforms as well as our website.
7. The entry fee is not refundable.
8. Rules and terms and conditions are subject to change at the discretion of the Independent Film Awards.
9. By submitting you agree to our terms and conditions and give us permission to use your email address for marketing purposes. Your information will never be shared with 3rd parties.