WE’VE COME TO SHAKE UP BRISTOL’S FILM SCENE!!
Bristol is famous for its innovative filmmaking culture. It’s easy to see why in such an awesome city full of creative minds.
“I would have sacked off Cannes if I knew about these guys.” – De Niro, to a friend
With HUNDREDS OF SUBMISSIONS FROM OVER 20 COUNTRIES, IFA Bristol is going to be the talk of this town.
Hosting the all new IFA Film Club, WE NOW OFFER YOU ACCESS TO A DEDICATED VIEWERSHIP AND DISTRIBUTION NETWORK for the top films in each category. Our aim is to become THE GO-TO ORGANISATION FOR INDEPENDENT FILM, serving both filmmakers and viewers. Join us early and you won’t regret it.
Our only requirement for award winners is top quality. WE ARE FED UP OF STALE AND FAKE FILM CEREMONIES! We answer to no one and will only showcase the best.
The IFA works hard to set up the best networking opportunity for upcoming filmmakers. We make sure to bring together all the people you need to take your filmmaking into the big leagues.
Our reputation is for a good time. This is mainly through the amazing films submitted, but we also do well at afterparties…
The IFA has three categories of recognition:
Best in category (Winner!)
The judges and festival organisers will select the best films to be screened at the Watershed Cinema in Bristol on 27 February 2021!
WE WILL GIVE YOU GOOD CINEMA, GOOD PEOPLE AND A GOOD TIME. AVOID F-O-M-O AND JOIN US.
Best Short Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Foreign Film
Best Music Video
Best British Film
Best Humanitarian Documentary
1. Films eligible for Official Nomination and Official Selection will be announced on the judging deadline.
2. All winners will be contacted and receive Winner Laurels and Award Certificates. All Official Selections and Nominations will receive laurels. Each category of recognition will also be listed on our website and social media.
3. All foreign submissions must be subtitled in English.
4. Online screeners and posters are mandatory and must be uploaded to FilmFreeway’s site. Digital files only please.
5. All films must have been made in or after 2010.
6. By submitting your film to our festival you agree that your produced work can be uploaded/embedded on our website and social media pages (trailer is also fine if you don’t want to screen your film). The filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing. By submitting, the filmmaker allows us to advertise for them without infringing copyright of any kind of form and list them on social media platforms as well as our website.
7. The entry fee is not refundable.
8. Rules and terms and conditions are subject to change at the discretion of the Independent Film Awards.
9. By submitting you agree to our terms and conditions and give us permission to use your email address for marketing purposes. Your information will never be shared with 3rd parties.