The Illinois Independent Film Festival (ILIFF) especially looks forward to exhibiting independent and low-budget films with innovative flair and is open to any film in any genre, under 45 minutes in length. The Festival selection international feature-length films, short films, animation, music video, documentary, screenplay for the main competition program. The festival takes place over July 19, 2018 in Chicago, Illinois.
The Illinois Independent Film Festival believes that films can be made on very little or no budget, just pure hard work and dedication from the people involved. With this in mind we bring you a festival where money is not the key to a great film, if you are a student, low budget production company or are someone who makes films at home, then this festival is for you.
Providing a young, fresh and exciting perspective to today’s world of cinema, we seek to showcase and honor innovative and exciting voices in the American and international film communities. With nine categories, our goal is to recognize a large and diverse selection of films from all genres and from all over the world. No longer will your entry be obliterated by a big budget production company, if you have the skills to tell a story then you could be the winner of the next ILIFF Festival.
Rules & Terms
Please read the rules listed below to ensure that your film qualities.
– Filmmakers must hold all necessary rights for any films they submit.
– Each film must be less than 45 minutes long.
– All films must either be in English or include proper English subtitles.
– A filmmaker can submit multiple films.
– Incorrectly completed entry forms, or missing information may lead to the disqualification of
– Filmmakers will allow clips from their projects to be used for advertising and promotions.
– Decisions of the selection committee are final.