"𝑩𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒅" - 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘰 𝘐𝘶𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘰 - 𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘉𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘍𝘪𝘭𝘮 2017
"𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒒𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑽𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝑭𝒊𝒍𝒎 𝑭𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍" - 𝘈𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘪 (𝘉𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘐𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 2018)
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗘 𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗔𝗟 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗢𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗢𝗪
Even if its only our third edition, our International Short Film Festival has already gained wide recognition as one of the most interesting and artistically challenging festivals in Italy for films from all around the world. The third edition of our "International Short Film Festival / Il Varco" that will take place in Pescara (Italy) in May 2019 is meant for directors, producers of any age and nationality, that have shot and produced a short movie after 1/1/2016. Our goal is to discover and promote new authorial cinematographic visions through the language of short movie.
In only two years our festival has received more than 1400 films from 68 countries, made 6 screenings around Italy with more than 650 paid spectators screening the best short films from all around the world and giving directors the possibility to interact with a public of film students, film critics, directors, cinephiles and moviegoers.
Screenings take place in 𝘣𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘮𝘢 𝘪𝘯 𝘈𝘣𝘳𝘶𝘻𝘻𝘪, on a 20x12 meters screen with DCP 2K projectors at maximum quality with 7.1 audio and our staff makes DCP for the selected films for free (and you can have it when the festival is over).
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗠𝗦 𝗪𝗘 𝗦𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗚𝗢 𝗙𝗔𝗥.
Last year we had the privilege of having Qiu Yang "A Gentle Night" (A Cannes Palme D'Or winner). Directors that got selected in our festival later saw their film recognized with big awards. For example, we were among the first to screen "May Day" which later got shortlisted in Oscars 2018. Aldo Iuliano and its movie "Penalty", that was awarded last season, later won the italian Golden Globe and was shortlisted in the Oscars 2017. Jules Carrin was selected in Oscar Qualifying Festivals like Vienna, Elio Di Pace later went to Venice Festival. Gianluca Santoni won Solinas Award and went to Hollywood with StudioUniversal. "Wherever was using this bed", an australian movie that we screened, after our festival won more that 70 awards and was selected in over 170 festivals, including BAFTA and Oscar qualifying events. This year our jurors will be among the best professionals of the italian Film Industry. We only care about quality movies, intelligent vision, experimentation and authorial style. We're not saying that this movies went far because of us, but we can tell you that being selected here means that your film has all that is needed to be recognized as an author's film and if we do select it, many others will surely be interested in it.
𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗝𝗨𝗥𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗦.
Jurors are among the best professionals of the italian industry, winners of big prizes and partners with the most prominent directors in Italy an Europe.
From this year, selected directors get a chance to become part of our 𝘽𝙊𝘼𝙍𝘿 𝙊𝙁 𝘿𝙄𝙍𝙀𝘾𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙎, a special Jury made by the directors that were selected in our previous editions. Moreover, on the festival dates, there will be 𝒂 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒎𝒆𝒅 𝒅𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒔' 𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 where the selected directors will have a debate about the forms and languages of short film, that will be distributed in web and TV.
𝗝𝗢𝗜𝗡 𝗔 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗚𝗘𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗙 𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗔 𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦.
See you in Pescara.
Marco Spoletini - 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅 𝒅𝒊 𝑫𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑩𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝑬𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒐𝒓 2009 - Gomorra
Will assign the prize for Best Editing
Daniele Ciprì - 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅 𝒅𝒊 𝑫𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑩𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝑪𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒉𝒚 2010 - Vincere
Will assign the prize for Best Cinematography
Paolo Bogna - 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅 𝒅𝒊 𝑫𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝑵𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑵𝒐𝒏 𝑬𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒐
Will assign the prize for Best Production
Massimo D'Anolfi - 𝑮𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝑳𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝑵𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒆
Is the president of the Abruzzi section and one of our jurors.
Elisabetta De Vito - 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅 𝒅𝒊 𝑫𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝑵𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑵𝒐𝒏 𝑬𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒐
Will assign the prize for Best Actress
Saverio La Ruina - 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒐 𝑼𝒃𝒖 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝑰𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒏 𝑨𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓
Will assign the prize for Best Actor
Antonio Cericola - 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒕 𝑨𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏𝒔 2004 𝑶𝒍𝒚𝒎𝒑𝒊𝒄𝒔
Will assign the prize for Best Original Score
Lorenzo Berghella - 𝑺𝑰𝑨𝑬 𝑩𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝑻𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒕 𝑽𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝑭𝒊𝒍𝒎 𝑭𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍
Will assign the prize for Best Director
Antonio Romagnoli - 𝑫𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓
Will assign the prize for Best Screenplay
Andrea Gatopoulos - 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒅𝒖𝒄𝒆𝒓, 𝒅𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓, 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝑰𝒍 𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒐
Will assign the honorable mention Il Varco
𝗕𝗢𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗢𝗙 𝗗𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗝𝗨𝗥𝗢𝗥𝗦
Alain Parroni - Aldo Iuliano - Rossella Inglese - Andrew Kotakto - Maxime-Claude L'Ecuyer - Antonio La Camera - Elio Di Pace - Gianluca Santoni - Marco Mazzone - Simone Bozzelli - Alvaro Gonzales- Antoine Laurens
▪ All selected shorts get $100 in services (Italian Subtitles, Italian-Subtitled DCP package), free stay and food for the director.
▪ To the Best International Short Movie: $ 𝟭𝟬𝟬𝟬,𝟬𝟬 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗵 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘇𝗲.
▪ To the Best Director: custom award 3rd edition Il Varco Short Film Festival and a review from the juror of the prize.
▪ To the Best Director of Photography: custom award 3rd edition Il Varco Short Film Festival and a review from the juror of the prize.
▪ To the Best Screenplay: custom award 3rd edition Il Varco Short Film Festival and a review from the juror of the prize.
▪ To the Best Original Score: custom award 3rd edition Il Varco Short Film Festival and a review from the juror of the prize.
▪ To the Best Editing: custom award 3rd edition Il Varco Short Film Festival and a review from the juror of the prize.
▪ To the Best Actor: custom award 3rd edition Il Varco Short Film Festival and a review from the juror of the prize.
▪ To the Best Actress custom award 3rd edition Il Varco Short Film Festival and a review from the juror of the prize.
▪ Free theme or subject;
▪ Shorts must have a maximum running time of 40' and must have been produced after 1/1/2016;
▪ Shorts must be either shot in italian or have english or italian subtitles;
▪ You can submit only one short per subscription fee: multiple shorts require multiple subscription fees;
▪ Producers and/or author, if the short is selected for the final stage of the festival, must declare to be solely responsible for all rights regarding his work and must declare that the movie does not contain any third-party rights.
▪ The judgement of the jurors is unchallengeable