Are you ready to pitch your script to a panel of industry professionals?
Here's your opportunity! Submit your 90 second videos to be considered to pitch live during the ISA Virtual Pitch Panel on November 18, 2021. Past industry panelists have included execs from MGM, CSP Management, 1993, SAGindie, Lit Entertainment Group and more. Several ISA Pitch Challenge winners have gained representation, had meetings with execs and had script materials requested after pitching at the event.
It's free to submit, and all are welcome to attend the Pitch Panel, even if you're not chosen to pitch. Our mission, as always, is to shine a light on talented writers who are typically underrepresented in the industry. In order to find those unique and diverse voices, we need to read them. To that end, we highly encourage BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ and all diverse voices to submit. We have our eye on the future of this industry and are genuinely looking to amplify your story.
PITCH CHALLENGE SUCCESS STORIES
- Pitch Challenge Winner Crystal Harris is now managed by Matt Prater of Citizen Skull Productions after meeting him at the Pitch Panel.
- The three season 1 Pitch Challenge Winners secured a meeting with a top Literary Manager.
- MGM Executive, Sandino Moya, requested materials from 2 of the Pitch Challenge winners.
ACCEPTING FEATURES & TV PILOTS IN
Action, Adventure, Animation, Biography, Children, Comedy, Crime, Drama, Family, Fantasy, Historical, Horror, Mystery/Suspense, Romance, Science Fiction, Sports, Thriller, Western, Young Adult
HOW TO SUBMIT
Record and upload your 90 second pitch to Youtube or Vimeo, and submit the link and your script via this entry form. It's that simple!
3 Grand Prize Winners
- Three writers will be selected to pitch to a panel of experts and receive top quality feedback and invaluable exposure in a friendly, constructive environment during the ISA Virtual Pitch Panel
- Consideration for Acceptance onto the ISA Development Slate
- Final Draft 12 Screenwriting Software (Newest Version)
- 1-Year ISAConnect Membership.
- As a finalist, you will be promoted and your pitch will be SEEN! We will showcase the top finalists in the ISA newsletter, website and social platforms in an effort to promote you and your work.
- Only Youtube or Vimeo links can be accepted. Please be sure that your video is not password protected. Videos should not exceed 90 seconds.
- Three writers will be selected to pitch at the ISA Virtual Pitch Panel on Nov. 18th. Please be sure you will be available to attend this virtual event if selected.
- Each entrant is limited to 2 pitch submissions. Each pitch must be submitted separately and a script is required.
Final Deadline: October 21, 2021 - ISA Virtual Pitch Panel: November 18, 2021
All writers from all countries are welcome to submit, but all scripts and pitches must be submitted in English.
Script must be the original work of the submitting writer and may not be encumbered by any third party.
Original full-length feature screenplays and TV Pilots only are accepted. Anything else, including but not limited to short scripts or web series, novels, short stories, stage plays, musicals, treatments, synopses, reality show concepts, documentaries, and/or spec scripts for existing TV series are not eligible. Script submissions must be an original screenplay or teleplay.
Screenplays adapted from the submitting writer's own self-published books, plays, or other source materials are eligible if the writer retains all rights to the work.
Adaptations from other works are permissible provided the writer has written permission by the owner to adapt the material.
Adaptations of works in the public domain are permissible.
Each writer may submit no more than 2 entries.
Applicants must submit materials online only.
Writers under the age of 18 years old must have parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate.
The writer understands that it is his/her sole responsibility to register material to be submitted with the U.S. Copyright Office and/or with the Writer’s Guild of America or the appropriate agency in his/her country.
ISA Pitch Challenge Winners and Finalists understand and accept that the ISA will be free to use his/her name and likeness for advertising or promotional purposes without additional consideration.
Writers retain the rights to their screenplay.
Applicants are non-exclusive to ISA and may submit their screenplay to any other person, competition, producer, agent, publisher, and/or organization.
We do not accept erotic genre submissions.
No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed.
Length requirements are as follows: 1). Full-Length Features: 70-120 pages. 2). TV Pilots: Up to 70 pages.
ISA is not responsible for any applicant errors or omissions on any submitted application materials.
You accept without reservation that the submitted logline, screenplay and pitch video will be reviewed by ISA staff and/or panel of industry judges for evaluation and that any one of these employees, or judges may have been or may be exploring ideas similar to the submitted material. The applicant hereby waives any claim that the ISA, its staff or judges may have misappropriated any ideas or portions of the submission, logline or screenplay.
By submitting to the ISA Pitch Challenge, your email address will be added to the contest database as well as the International Screenwriters' Association newsletter for weekly updates, contest promotions and other notifications. You may unsubscribe at any time.
It is our full intention to fulfill all prizes as posted. However, due to an unlikely event, act of God or other, we reserve the right to update or edit prizes.
To submit your materials and be considered you must agree to the rules.