COMPETITION IS OPEN TO ALL SCREENPLAYS AND PILOTS:
Fly to Los Angeles, attend the famed Robert Mckee Story Seminar, and have one-on-one meetings with Hollywood producers, managers, and entertainment attorneys.
Laurels will be awarded to: 100 FINALISTS + 10 HONOREES + 1 FELLOW
...The INROADS SCREENWRITING FELLOWSHIP competition was created to locate, expose and nurture up-and-coming screenwriters who have yet to receive their invitation to the mainstream industry. The competition is proudly sponsored by Robert McKee's Story Seminar and Filmmatic.com.
It's not what you know, it's who you know, and we want you to meet the right people, right away.
- Finalists, Honorees and Inroads Fellow announced 3/31/18
Awards & Prizes
Paid Travel to LOS ANGELES ($1,200 Cash)
Attend the ROBERT MCKEE Los Angeles STORY SEMINAR + GENRE SEMINAR
Meet with Hollywood DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVES and MENTORS
INKTIP Screenplay Listing Packages (all Honorees)
CREATORSVAULT IP Registration Package (all Honorees)
Press and Exposure for all Finalists and Honorees (to our list of 24k industry professionals + outside media)
Luarels will be awarded to: 100 FINALISTS,10 HONOREES ,1 FELLOW
Rules & Terms
1) Judges and employees of Mckee Seminars or Filmmatic.com are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
2) All scripts must be submitted in English, and entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
3) All writers' names should be listed in the online entry. By submitting online to the Inroads Screenwriting Fellowship Competition, entrant warants that all writers have authorized the submission. If a screenplay is written by multiple authors, all cash and awards will be remitted to the entrant of record, with all proceeds to be divided at the writers' discretion.
4) To enter your script electronically, you must submit in one of the following formats: .PDF (preferred), Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, or Text.
5) Entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
6) Entrants of the Inroads Screenwriting Fellowship Competition retain all rights to their screenplays.
7) You may submit your entry and payment either online through this website (see homepage) or through FilmFreeway. No preference will be given to either any of submission.
8) Entries must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline.
9) Once a script has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revised drafts. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission.
10) The Inroads Screenwriting Fellowship will not share your screenplay with anyone except the official judges of the competition without prior permission.
11) By entering the Inroads Screenwriting Fellowship Competition, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people or legal entities. Entrant indemnifies Filmmatic.com and its employees and subsidiaries and holds them harmless from any claims regarding infirngement or dissemination of materials.
12) Entry fees are non-refundable.
13) For environmental reasons, we no longer accept hardcopy submissions by mail.
14) Entrants can include author and/or contact information on their entry's cover page at their own discretion, but it is not required.
15) The decisions of the judges are final.
16) The Inroads Screenwriting Fellowship reserves the right to make any necessary changes, postponements, or cancellations to competition scheduling at our discretion. Competition staff reserves the right to substitute any advertised prize for another prize of similar value.
17) Notification of winners and official finalists will be sent by email and posted on our website. It is the responsibility of the winners to redeem any prizes allotted to them by the Inroads Screenwriting Fellowship or our sponsors. Applicants will be repsonsible for providing current contact information and mailing addresses for prize redemption purposes.