The Idyllwild International Festival Of Cinema is dedicated to showcasing emerging film talent and independent films. Our goal is to provide a forum where emerging filmmakers can connect with industry professionals during the week of the festival.
Awards & Prizes
The Golden Coyote Paw has become one of California's most prestigious film festival awards. IIFC will hand out nearly 50 GCP awards in 2018, in the following categories:
Best Actor/Actress - Best Supporting Actor/Actress and ensemble cast awards in: Feature, Featurette, and Short Film.
Best Director, Screenplay, Score, and Cinematography in all film categories.
Best Director and Best Film in Documentary categories.
Best Feature Film
Best Short -Drama
Best Short -Comedy
Best Student Film
Most Humanitarian Film
Women In Independent Film Awards
Best Of Festival
Plus awards in web series, and animation
Indie Spirit Awards
And The Savage Award (Director's Pick)
Rules & Terms
IDYLLWILD INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF CINEMA
Terms & Conditions
IIFC is open to U.S. and Foreign films in the following 13 categories:
Feature Films (over 60min)
Short Films (under 15min)
Documentary - Features (over 60min)
Documentary - Featurettes (15min-60min)
Documentary - Shorts (Under 15min)
Student Short Films - under age 18 (Under 15 min)
Student Films - age 18-22 (All lengths)
Foreign - Features (over 60min)
Foreign - Featurettes (15min-60min)
Foreign - Shorts (Under 15min)
Animations (All lengths)
Web Series (2 episodes no longer than 14 mins total.)
Entry Requirements and Rules:
1. To be eligible, an entry must have been completed in 2014,2015,2016.
*****All film entries must be submitted through FilmFreeway to be considered for selection.
2. Fully completed entry form submitted through FilmFreeway with current contact information.
3. Entry Fees must be paid before your project will be considered. You must submit your film to the correct category (please see category guidelines.) and submit the fees for that category.
4. All entries and supporting materials for all deadlines must arrive on or before October 15, 2016
5. Non-English language produced films must be dubbed in English or contain English subtitles.
6. All entry fees are non-refundable.
7. Student Films must ensure your high school (or lower grade) or college in the appropriate section of your entry on FilmFreeway.
8. Selected film entries will be notified no later than November 1st 2016 via email and posting on our website.
9. All entrants grant IIFC the right to use an excerpt from any accepted film (not exceeding 3 minutes) for promotional purposes in any and all media, including the festival website.
**** Films which have been broadcast on TV or cable or have had theatrical release prior to IIFC, are not eligible for any competition but may be considered for screening during the festival at the discretion of the festival director.
• Films may only be submitted digitally through FilmFreeway only. Link and Password to fully finished, full resolution project must be provided at time of submission. Links and passwords must remain active until January 15, 2017. ( Please visit the HELP section of FilmFreeway for instructions on how to upload your film.) If you have received notification of acceptance into our festival, you will need to authorize IIFC to download your submission.
• We do not accept unfinished works. What you submit is what will be screened if accepted.
• All Submissions must include a full resolution digital poster one sheet .jpg as well as 2 productions stills from the film
• Deadline fees will be strictly observed. ALL FEES MUST BE PAID before your project will be considered.
• Online submission form must be completed in full when submitting through FilmFreeway. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your online entry form and required entry materials are properly submitted. IIFC reserves the right to disqualify any submission if improperly submitted.
• Your completed entry and selection automatically allows IIFC full rights and licensing to utilize your project’s title, cast and crew info, screen grabs, art work, etc., for promotional uses world wide.
• Student film entries must include full information of filmmaker’s educational institute at time of project’s completion, a copy of Student's Educational ID and enrollment verification showing attendance at Institution at time of projects completion
Nominations and Awards:
• Unless IIFC is instructed otherwise, all film entries will be considered for the Golden Coyote Paw Awards
• Each project accepted into IIFC will be required to provide a clip from the film. The clip must appear in the finished film and be no longer than 2 minutes in length. Clip must be the same resolution as the submitted film. These clips will be used during the Awards Ceremony for the films with nominations.
• Directors/Producers must submit a scene clip for each Actor/Actress they wish to have nominated. The clip must appear in the finished film and be no longer than 2 minutes in length. Clip must be the same resolution as the submitted film.
• Award winners will be selected from the highest rated films that went through a panel of judges, including film industry professionals. Winners agree to participate in the publicity for the Festival as well as other promotional events, including the website. The determination of the winners is final.
• AWARD WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT, OR BE REPRESENTED BY A LEGITIMATE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FILM IN ORDER TO WIN
• Filmmakers attending the festival are responsible for travel, lodging and all other expenses.
Filmmakers accepted into the IIFC will be entitled to the following:
• Two Filmmaker Badges granting access to
all films, panels and seminars.
Entrance to parties
Entrance to all Industry Networking Events, Etc.
General Entrance to Awards Ceremony
You will have the opportunity to purchase discounted passes and tickets in advance for additional filmmakers, crew, and actors attending the festival with your film.
The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival
Participation in the Idyllwild International Festival of Cinema implies understanding and acceptance of all terms included in this application. By submitting your entry, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the General Rules, and to the Terms and Conditions listed.