(IFFT - Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan - MANAPPURAM INTERNATIONAL CHILDRENS FILM FESTIVAL OF KERALA@THRISSUR
In this fast moving technological age, Movies are undoubtedly a captivating medium, especially for children, that enables them to develop their cognitive abilities and in the process stimulate creative urge, maintain focus, develop logical thinking, reasoning, visual and auditory responses, among others. Movies, though may contain elements of fantasy, make-believe world, nevertheless depict many ‘real life’ scenes, with which children can easily identify themselves!
The International Children’s Film Festival of Kerala (ICFFK) being held at Thrissur is an event aimed to provide exposure to the young audience and aspiring film makers to films that are rooted in variety of genres like realism, fantasy, adventure, war, musicals, comedy, and literary adaptations. These array of films will definitely enrich their cinematic experience and promote media literacy as also provide a fillip to the critical thinking of children and the ability to deconstruct images.
Awards & Prizes :
• ELEPHANT TROPHY for Best Children’s Film
• ELEPHANT TROPHY for Second Best Children’s Film
Elephant Trophy for Best Children's Feature
• A GOLDEN ELEPHANT TROPHY for Best Little Director
• Best Child Artist
• Special Mention Plaques may be awarded at the discretion of the Jury
• Certificate of Participation to all short listed films.
2. Environment AND
3. Future INDIA
4. Rural Development.
6. Human Rights and the Environment
Only feature films completed after 1st January 2022 are eligible.
COMPETITION - SHORT FILMS
This section will present the best of children’s short length films from India and abroad.
Duration of Short Films: - 10 minutes or less
COMPETITION - INDIA
This section will present the best of children’s feature films from India and aims to encourage talented Indian filmmakers who are making high quality, sensitive and entertaining films for children.
Duration – 60 Minutes and more
Non-Competitive Category – Indian Panorama
This category will showcase some of the best Indian children’s films, spread across different languages and which have won awards and recognitions at various levels.
Age: Films must be made by individual children/groups of children below the age of 18. The core team (Director, Camera person, editor, etc.) should be below the age of 18.
Films made by children under the guidance of adults are eligible but the contribution of adults should be confined to training or facilitating the process & should not be extended to areas like scripting, shooting, story or animation.
Entry Fee: No entry fees
Films must be subtitled in English
Films can be shot on any video format available: HD, mp4 format.
The films must have been produced between 1st January 2022-30th July 2023
Only films that have been cleared of rights (including musical rights) will be accepted.
Films must be entered by nominated parent (for individual entries) or teacher / supervisor / trainer / mentor (for group entries).
It is the obligation of the nominated parent/teacher/trainer/mentor entering the film for Competition (from now on referred to as ‘Legal Guardian’) to ensure that the director and/or director’s Legal Guardian own all copyright for or have written permission to use all underlying works included in the film including music, performance and script. CFFK is completely absolved of any legalities relating to this.
It is mandatory to submit age proof of creative team viz. director, camera person, editor etc. (school certificate or any other photo ID with date of birth).
Entries from industrial establishments or companies are not accepted.
Only files uploaded on the Online/FilmFreeway platform will be taken into consideration. However, in case of any difficulties in uploading, it could be couriered or handed over personally in Pen drive or Hard Disk in the office of the Festival Directorate.
The following material must be attached to the online/offline submission:
• Full contact details with mobile No., Email id & Postal address of the sender.
• Synopsis of the film - not more than 150 words
• Bio data of Director & photo
• Crew List / List of actors
• Participation letter from Producer or College authorities or legal right holders
• Individual technicians or the actors can submit their films, with the authorisation letter from the producer/legal right holder
• Detail of award/s received, festival screening, release (if any)
• Still photos - Film poster and other publicity materials
Submission of films will be open from 1st May, 2023 and last date of submission is 5.00 P.M. on 15th August, 2023.
Selected/shortlisted films will be notified before 20th August, 2023.
The list of the selected films will be available on the Festival's website./FilmFreeway
MODE AND FORMAT OF FILMS:
The finalists will be able to submit their material through online sharing services (such as WeTransfer, Dropbox etc.). The files should preferably be in mp4 or mov format, with H264 encoding.
The final copy that will be screened in the CFFK should be available in:
File Format: mp4 - Codec: H.264 - Resolution: 1920×1080 - Aspect ratio: 16:9
Scan type: Progressive
Bitrate: 10000 – 12000 Kbps
Frame rate: 25 fps
Audio: AΑC, 256 – 320 Kbps, 48000 Hz
All the texts, data, and photos transferred by participants to IFFT CHILDRENS FILM FESTIVAL platform during online submission will be used for reference in various online and offline bilingual publications (including Festival catalogue, Short Film Market catalogue, website, video library screens etc.).
• IFFT- BVB-MANAPPURAM INTERNATIONAL CHILDRENS FILM FESTIVAL(ICFFK 2023) will have right to use the film or part of the film in any manner possible for its publicity or otherwise for screening it at any place in India or in IFFT ONLINE Platform.
• The copy of the film submitted to the Festival along with the entry form and the promotional material will remain in the archives of the Festival Directorate and automatically become part of the library and the film market material of the Festival.
The Producer/Director or the legal IPR holder of the film needs to sign the attached declaration letter along with their submission. If the declaration submitted by the participants are found to be factually false or incorrect, IFFT CFFK reserves the rights to reject the entry or even cancel the selection of the film after the final results/announcements.
The decision of the Jury will be final and binding and cannot be challenged.