All films / submissions should be by and about people with disabilities that explores their lives and encourages discussion on the diversity human experience.
International Day of Persons with Disabilities is observed worldwide on 3rd December every year to focus on issues that affect persons with disabilities.
It helps bring to the fore the everyday struggles of persons with disabilities and enables governments and organizations across the world to address these issues, help the persons with disabilities achieve their full potential by providing them with all possible resources, raise awareness about their needs, and make communities more inclusive for them.
The 1st international film festival for persons with disabilities, in recognition of the spirit of the persons with disabilities, will showcase cinemas that open our world to their mind-space and also cinema that has been made by them.
In a world where persons with disabilities often get sidelined, this event will put the spotlight on their work and expression that deserves appreciation for their skill, honesty of thought, and for a unique perspective on their life, challenges and aspirations.
The film festival will comprise of Gala Screenings of films on disabilities both National and International, Directors | Screenwriters workshops etc.
The best films at the festival will be recognised with awards under various categories.
NOTE: All films should be by and about people with disabilities that explore their lives and encourages discussion on the diversity of human experience.
There will be a number of categories based on which the entries will be judged, including an Audience Choice award for the most popular film at the event.
1. Open to all interested applicants.
2. The film must be duly subtitled in English.
3. The film must be produced in the last 5 years preceding the Festival.
4. The film must be sent not later than 30th September 2015.
5. All films should be by and about people with disabilities that explores their lives and encourages discussion on the diversity human experience.
6. All screeners must be submitted ONLINE or in DVD/ BLU-RAY format or in USB Drive only. The applicant must ensure that the Online links do not have an expiry date, as the viewing process is done over a period of over 40 days.
7. Final screening material must comply with festival technical standards.
8. The applicant must ensure that they have the right to participate in the 1st International Film Festival for Persons with Disabilities with regard to parties connected with the production / distribution of the participating film and / or other right holders/licenses.
9. 1st International Film Festival For Persons with Disabilities (IFFPD) can use parts of the received materials for advertising purposes and in future to show the past credentials of IFFPD (up to 3 minutes).
10. The applicants must ensure that the film submitted by them with the IFFPD must have a ‘U' or 'U/A’ Censor Certificate. The film without ‘U' or 'U/A' Censor Certificate will not be accepted / exhibited in the Festival. In the case of International Films an equivalent certification would be required.
11. Along with the application the applicant has to send / upload filmmaker’s photograph (300 dpi) and film stills in digital format.
12. Please ensure that the address / email shared in the application is correct as it may be used by film festival office for communication.
Please send in your DVD/BLU-RAY/USB Drive (in specified format) to the following address:
NFDC, 4th Floor,
Soochna Bhavan, Phase 1,
C.G.O Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi 110 003.