'INCLUSION’ is the theme of the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne Short Film Competition this year.
The competition goes from strength to strength in its quest to unearth exciting and talented new filmmakers from India and Australia. The entrants need to submit their best work (narrative or documentary) of ten minutes or less, on the theme of ‘Inclusion’. The short film must cover one of the pillars of inclusion; gender, sexuality, (dis)ability and race.
No easy task then! But with previous winners earning Film Victoria funding and assisting the director of a major Bollywood feature, the rewards can far outlast their films’ short running times.
The winning filmmakers will be flown across the globe: the Australian winner to India, and the Indian winner to Australia. The winning films will be shown throughout the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne, at cinemas in Australia.
All entries are FREE. Closing date is 10 June 2018.
The winning filmmakers will be flown across the globe: the Australian winner to India, and the Indian winner to Australia.
The winning film/s are screened before each feature film throughout the festival.
• To be eligible for the Western Union Indian Film Festival Film Competitions all shorts must be no more than 10 minutes in length.
• We prefer films to have been completed within 2 years of our closing date.
• All films should be in English or have English subtitles.
• As this is a competition we do prefer that films that haven't been previously broadcast.
• You can submit the films by uploading the film on YouTube/ Vimeo as a private or public link.
• If you wish to send the DVD copy of your film, please post it to:
Western Union Short Film Competition
Mind Blowing Films
14/82 Acland St
St Kilda Road VIC 3182
• Winning entrant's flight to India will only be provided from within Australia