International Extreme Sports Film Festival (IES) was born with the aim of combining the passion for outdoor sports disciplines with the passion for the visual arts and cinema, the IES intends to promote the production of high quality short films, feature films and documentaries and with a strong emotional impact, enhancing independent productions from all over the world.
Furthermore, we are interested in productions that want to tell about diversity and that use sport as an instrument of emancipation and freedom; for this reason, if you are not sure about the affinity of your film to the Festival, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IES revolves around two main events:
Summer Edition, 11st to 20th June 2021 (registrations from 1st February to 30th April 2021)
Winter edition, 19 to 28 November 2021.
The best films in the industry will be shown both online and in theaters *, in order to give everyone the opportunity to enjoy viewing.
ATTEND IES Film Festival:
submit your film by April 30, 2021.
You will find all the technical information for the selected on this page
* The organization of the IES Film Festival has worked hard in recent months to transform the difficulties imposed by Covid into an incentive to do more. The result is that the summer edition of the IES Film Festival "doubles" its strength, alongside programming in person, a parallel calendar of streaming screenings, to be enjoyed directly at your home.
The Festival will be competitive. The works will be evaluated by a jury that will assign, at its sole discretion, the official prizes, one for each section and two Top Awards.
The composition of the jury will be announced on May 1st, 2021
• Top of feature film
• Top of short film
• Best of Short Air Sports
• Best of Short Land Sports
• Best of Short Water Sports
• Best of Short Motor Sports
1. International Extreme Sports Film Festival (IES) will run from 11st to 20th June 2021.
2. The deadline for submitting the works will be April 30, 2021, via FilmFreeway.
3. The categories of presentation of the Festival are:
- Feature Films: Sports stories and documentaries with a final running time of 20 minutes or more.
- Short films: sports stories and documentaries with a final duration of less than 20 minutes.
The works that IES is looking for are videos where extreme sport is the protagonist, therefore fiction works will be excluded.
4. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE SELECTED IN THE COMPETITION
We accept multimedia files that include only audio and video (without subtitles).
Frame rates accepted: 24,25,30 fps
Accepted resolutions are:
1920x1080 pixels (HD)
Movies in the H.264 codec will be accepted only.
File size: Must not exceed 3GB for short films and 10GB for feature films.
Codec: AAC-LC (Advanced Audio Codec)
For best results, we recommend using the AAC-LC (low complexity) audio codec.
Minimum data rate 128kbit / s
For best results, encode your audio at a constant rate of 320 kbit / s.
Sampling frequency (sample rate): 48 kHz
Subtitles must be sent in a separate file in SRT (NO BURN) format, English subtitles are mandatory for all videos, including those in English.
We also recommend encoding subtitle files in UTF-8 format.
Subtitles must have the same frame rate as the video. Under penalty of exclusion from the competition.
If you have subtitles in other languages we ask you to send them to us, in SRT format.
5. For the pre-selection, follow the FilmFreeway technical specifications (https://filmfreeway.com/help/article/16013/what-format-do-you-recommend-for-video-uploads)
6. The Festival will be competitive.
The works will be evaluated by a jury that will assign, at its sole discretion, the official prizes, one for each section and two absolute prizes.
The composition of the jury will be announced on May 1st, 2021
7. At the end of the Festival selection process, the representative of the selected film will be contacted using the contact information provided in the submission form. In the e-mail confirming the selection, we will communicate how to send the material necessary for the festival (Video, Subtitles, Questionnaire on production and work, ...)
8. The questionnaire for selected candidates must be completed in English. Unreadable, incomprehensible and / or incomplete documentation will result in the EXCLUSION of the work from the Festival.
9. The material for the selected works must be sent by May 10, 2021, following the directives in the email of the selection.
1. The Applicant declares and guarantees to the Festival that:
(a) is duly authorized, on its own behalf and on behalf of any other person or entity having any proprietary rights or interests (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights) in or relating to the film,
(b) the showing of the film at the Festival will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity;
(c) the film is not subject to any litigation, arbitration or other claim or adversarial proceeding, nor is the film the subject of any threat of litigation, arbitration or other adverse claim or proceeding.
2. The applicant acknowledges, in his / her own name and the owners of the film, that they understand that neither he / she nor any owner of the film will receive any compensation for showing the film at the festival, although some Festival prizes may include cash prizes.
3. The Applicant undertakes, on his own behalf and of each of the Owners of the Film, to indemnify and hold harmless the Festival, together with his collaborators from and against any claim, loss, responsibility, damage, fee and expense (including, but not limited to, reasonable legal fees and other costs) that may be claimed by any person or entity, or may be incurred by the Festival or any of the Related Parties, at any time in connection with the film or its use, management or consideration by part of the Festival and / or resulting from any violation or alleged violation of any declaration made by the Applicant, to the Festival or to any of the Related Parties, including, without limitation, any declaration expressed or implied in these Conditions.
4. In the event that the film is selected for inclusion and exhibition at the Festival, the Applicant grants, on its own account and on behalf of each of the Film Owners, each of the following rights to the Festival and any Festival-Related Party without reservation, conditions or qualifications:
(a) the right to use films, still images and / or titles and information from or relating to the film for promotional purposes;
(b) the right to publish and authorize advertisements regarding the directors and the film and to use all associated names, similarities and biographical information. The applicant also undertakes to provide updated contact information.
5. By completing the submission application under consideration at the International Extreme Sports Film Festival (IES) 2021, the Applicant freely and voluntarily expresses and expresses his full and complete acceptance of all the terms and provisions established in these Rules and Terms.