IDACO nyc is a platform for Italian artists visiting and living in New York, and for international artists who want to take part in a dialogue with Italian culture, to explore and share their unique paths through movement and choreographic language, as well as visual arts.
IDACO nyc wants to create space for new collaborations and offer a supportive, inspiring, creative environment for dancers, movers, performance artists, video artists, filmmakers, musicians and in general, creative people interested in Italian culture and the "art of movement".
IDACO’s mission is to connect Italian and International choreographers and filmmakers with the local contemporary art scene. IDACO wants to encourage networking and artistic research between the multiple creative resources of NYC performing arts aiming to offer an artistic platform with the goal to cross cultural boundaries and cultivate a sense of shared identity.
IDACO nyc Dance and Film Event is not a competitive festival. All Official Selection films will be awarded IDACO laurels.
We are looking for films (dance film, experimental film, screendance, video art or documentary films) based in dance or movement and/or films that reflect something of Italian culture including dance, music, theater, painting, sculpture, architecture, fashion, design etc. This year event will be held in 2 locations, but film screening will be only @ the Brick theater in Brooklyn
- Applicants must submit a film of max15/20 min. If you wish to propose a longer film please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants could apply for more than one project but each project should have a separate application
- We strongly recommend to submit a video link of the proposed work. However, if the video is not a sample of the proposed project as the film is in preparation, an alternative work may be accepted.
- Only online submissions are accepted.
- Selected Applicants will have a production fee of $20