NO ENTRY FEE filmmaking contest and winner gets $1,000. Create a short film that motivates youth and people of color to vote. It must not promote any party, individual, or agenda. Keep it to 5 minutes or less. Any genre is accepted; dramatic, documentary, music video, sci-fi, etc. Have fun with it!
The Houston Latino Film Festival is teaming up with Soalz Media to bring you, Houston Votes LIVE, taking place October 23 and 24. This will be a LIVE streamed event to show the importance of voting and what a difference the community can make.
As part of the event, we’re holding a contest for filmmakers to create a short film that will motivate youth and people of color in the Houston area to vote in the November 3rd elections. Four films will be selected to screen online, and one of those films will win the grand prize of $1,000.
Four short films will be selected to screen online on October 23 and 24 during the Houston Votes LIVE event. One short film will be awarded $1000 cash.
• All films must have the theme of encouraging voting, and must remain neutral. Any films that promote any party, individual, or agenda will be automatically disqualified. Please only ENCOURAGE VOTING.
• All film genres are accepted.
• All films submitted must be no more than 5 minutes. That means anything under 5 minutes is acceptable. Anything over will be disqualified.
• All films submitted must be in final cut form.
• All films must have English subtitles for all non-English language entries.
• All submissions must be received by the deadline, October 15, 2020. No late submissions past will be accepted.
• A secure online screener link must be provided.
• Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. The Houston Latino Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
• If your film is accepted to the festival, we will notify you via email with instructions for press materials.