Horror Film Awards is a film festival that takes place once a year. Our goal in the field of horror film awards is to reach out to amateur, budding and professional filmmakers and create a community of filmmakers.
We cooperate with various distributors, to whom we regularly offer the best short and feature documentaries, feature films and, of course, horror movies! If your horror film will be of interest to various investors or distributors, we will help you with the distribution of your film.
The first year of the Horror Film Awards took place in the old Franciscan monastery in the town of Rožňava, which is located near the Slovak-Hungarian border. Due to the increased interest of spectators from abroad, we decided to hold a festival in NY, USA. The venue for the second annual Horror Film Awards will be announced soon. The films will be presented on February 25, 2022.
Selected films will be screened in New York. The best films will receive a unique diploma.
Our secondary goal is to connect filmmakers and offer them, in addition to the possibility of a presentation, also to find a job or a collaborator.
Want to sell your feature horror script? (FOR SCREENWRITER)
Horror Film Awards can help you sell your screenplay to a production company or director. We will present your script, theme and your achievements to the registered directors and productions from our competition. Before paying the fee, please do not forget to fill the questionare.
Grand Prix Micro Short Horror (under 5 min)
Grand Prix Super Short Horror (under 15 min)
Grand Prix Short Horror (under 30 min)
Grand Prix Feature Horror
Grand Prix New York Horror Film
Grand Prix Horror Music Video
Best Director (Short/Feature)
Best Male Director (Short/Feature)
Best Female Director (Short/Feature)
Best First-Time Director (Short/Feature)
Best Young Director (under 25)
Best Actor (Short/Feature)
Best Actress (Short/Feature)
Best Screenwriter (Short/Feature)
Best Editor (Short/Feature)
Best VFX (Short/Feature)
Best Cinematography (Short/Feature)
Best Production (Short/Feature)
Best Costume (Short/Feature)
Best Makeup Artist (Short/Feature)
Best Set Design (Short/Feature)
Best Sound Desing (Short/Feature)
Best Song (Short/Feature)
Best Music (Short/Feature)
Best Animation Horror
Best Experimental Horror
Best Sci-fi Horror
Best TV Horror Series
Best Zombie Horror
Best American Horror
Best European Horror
Best Asian Horror
Best African Horror
Best Australian Horror
Best Mobile Phone Horror
Best Psychological Horror
Best Horror Super Short Script (under 10 pages)
Best Horror Short Script (under 30 pages)
Best Horror Feature Script
1. All films that are not in English, must have English language subtitles. English movies do not have subtitles.
2. No fee waiver. All entry fees are non-refundable.
3. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted. A separate submission and a separate entry fee must accompany each entry.
4. The decision of the festival selection committee will be final.
5. The festival authorities will have the right to retain copies of each film and the material send as part of our festival library & can be screened in for Education, promotion, awareness & commercial purposes.
6. The excerpts from films send for International Documentary Film Awards can be shown on the Slovakian / Int. T.V. / Local Network / Internet etc. For Promotional / Publicity.
7. Films that are submitted must be the entrant’s original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third Parties. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required copyright permissions regarding music, sound & images. Etc presented in their film.
8. International Documentary Film Awards organizers reserve rights change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, venue, awards & categories without consent or information to contestants.
9. The organizers reserve the right not to award any or all of the prizes.