Hong Kong World Film Festival is an international contest that presents a carefully curated program with international films, narrative, documentary, and short films from established and emerging filmmakers... Our community is passionate about film, and HKWFF always strives to create a relaxed environment where filmmakers and audiences can truly connect.
HKWFF celebrates the best that cinema has to offer. Showcasing films from established masters and emerging storytellers, the Festival welcomes films from around the world. Offering an impressive selection of competitive and non-competitive programming.
For decades, Hong Kong was the third largest motion picture industry in the world and the second-largest exporter. HKWFF is a place for audiences and filmmakers to engage with one another.
Filmmakers are at the heart of everything we do. When you share your film with us, you will be treated with respect throughout every stage of the submissions process. Your emails will be returned, your questions answered and a real, live person will answer you.
Thank you for your interest in the Hong Kong World Film Festival. We wish you all the best with your film!
- Monthly award winners will also receive a digital Official Certificate and may upload their credits/data on our IMDb event page. https://www.imdb.com/event/ev0034692/overview/
To keep the Awards fair and transparent, we invite independent judges from all around the world who enjoy the experience and assess each category.
Our Jury team includes artists from the United Kingdom, Canada, Austria, Spain, Japan, Taiwan, France and Chile.
HKWFF CATEGORIES (three - monthly)
Submit your film in one or more of the following categories.
Your film will be considered in all the submitted categories.
Best Dark Comedy
Best Web Series
Best Music Video
--- CAST & CREW AWARDS (monthly) ---
Best First Time Director
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Young Actor
Best Young Actress
Best Acting Duo
Best Acting Ensemble
Best Sound Design
Best Original Score
Best Original Screenplay
Best Visual FX
Best Special FX
Best Costume Design
Best Makeup and Hairstyling
Best Special Makeup
Best Production Design
Best American Filmmaker
Best Female Filmmaker
Best Asian Filmmaker
- In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
- Hong Kong World Film Festival relationship will exclusively be related to the film submitter.
- Any Foreign film that is not in English must have English subtitles.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Hong Kong World Film Festival will not be responsible for damaged copies.
- Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no answers will be given about not selected films.
- Hong Kong World Film Festival can consider any film to be disqualified if the festival considers the content inappropriate. If you have any question regarding this decision you might contact us at our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Filmmakers can submit the film in multiple categories in order to become a multi-award film. Still, the decision about the selection is strictly determined by our judges' team and no selection is guaranteed.
- The applicants (submitters) must accept Hong Kong World Film Festival Rules and Terms.
- All submissions in personal categories required the name of the person and the category. You can easily send us this information in the cover letter on the FilmFreeway website.
If expedited feedback is selected in full submission, your judging status will be updated within the next 72hrs.
If no main category is selected in the expedited feedback option, automatically the entry cannot be considered.
The full submission is a main category or more selected in addition to feedback option.
Remember that payments are not refundable.
- Submitting your movie, you authorize Hong Kong World Film Festival to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills on our social media.
- We do not require premiere status.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY IMDB CAN APPROVE OR REJECT YOUR SUBMISSION(S).
IF YOUR NOMINEES/WINS ARE NOT PUBLISHED, IT DOESN’T DEPEND ON US,
AND YOU SHOULD REPORT YOUR PROBLEM TO THE OFFICIAL IMDb SUPPORT COMMUNITY.
When submitting your film, you automatically agree with the terms, conditions & rules above.