The curatorial team of Hong Kong Independent Film Festival will be responsible for selecting films. The selected films will be screened at the Hong Kong Independent Film Festival 2020 in January next year.
Two categories: Features and Shorts. The film, either fiction, documentary or animation, must be completed between 1/7/2018 and 13/10/2019 no matter which category you are going to submit. The film must also meet one of the following criteria:
A. The director must hold a Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card. No restriction on the subject and the language of the film.
B. For those non-permanent Hong Kong residents, the story of the film must happen in Hong Kong or the subject is related to Hong Kong. No restriction on the language of the film.
Eligibility and Rules
1. Applicant should be the director or the producer of the film and meanwhile owns solely the copyright of the film.
2. Application is free of charge.
3. No restriction on the number of applications. Applicants need to create individual project for every film.
4. Non-Cantonese dialogue with either English or Chinese and English subtitles is necessary.
5. No matter your film is selected or not, the result will be announced on 2 December 2019 at the latest or earlier than this date. Applicants of the selected films will receive notifications individually for the arrangement of screening. The festival period stated in Filmfreeway is tentative. The actual screening dates will be informed individually when your film is selected.
6. All personal information in the application is for verification and contact purposes only and will be subject to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486.
7. Applicant should own solely the original copyright of the images and music. Applicant should guarantee authorization is granted for any use of film or music excerpts from the third party. Otherwise, the application will be disqualified.
8. Ying E Chi retains the rights of all final decisions.