Welcome to the Hollywood Screenplay Contest!
As one of the world's most visible and recognized screenplay competitions, our aim, quite simply, is to discover and recognize the brightest new talent and original voices in film and television storytelling from around the world. We identify emerging talent and place top new screenwriters firmly on the industry’s radar directly in the heart of the motion picture capital of the world.
Winners and finalists in several competition categories receive prizes and benefits including cash and exclusive packages from our industry leading partners, and priceless introductions and meetings with some of Hollywood’s top production companies and talent agencies. Over $45,000 in cash, prizes, and services will be awarded to this year’s winning screenwriters and finalists alone.
Additionally, the Hollywood Screenplay contest offers all applicants the unique opportunity to order a copy of their project’s Official Score Report and Judge Commentary. This professional feedback can be an invalubale tool for identifying the strengths and weaknesses of a script or writing style.
Hollywood is certainly one tough nut to crack, but if you’ve got the skills, we’ll get you the recognition you deserve. From there, where your story goes is up to you.
Entries for the contest are currently underway! Click here to submit your script today!
Benefits will be awarded to this year’s winning screenwriters and Official Finalists.
Judges will bestow awards in the following tiers for each of the competitive entry categories:
Grand Prize Winner
12 Official Finalists
In addition, one Grand Jury Prize will be awarded to the overall best screenplay selected from among all competition categories as determined by our Official Jury.
Free Entry to the Hollywood Screenplay Contest
Recipients: All Grand Prize Winners, Gold Prize Winners, Silver Prize Winners, Bronze Prize Winners, and Official Finalists
Free Script Evaluation by a Professional Screenplay Judge
Recipients: All Grand Prize Winners, Gold Prize Winners
Prize packages and benefits from our sponsors.
Please read the following Rules and Regulations carefully. If you have a question that is not answered here, please email us at info[at]hollywoodscreenplaycontest.com
1) All scripts must be submitted in English. Entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
2) Judges and employees who work for the Hollywood Screenplay Contest are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
3) Screenplays written by up to four people may be entered in the contest. Only one entry fee is required for such entries. All writers' names should be listed on the online entry. All writers must authorize submission of the entry. By submitting online to the Hollywood Screenplay Contest, all writers authorize the submission. If a screenplay is written by multiple authors, all cash awards will be split equally between the writers. If a screenplay is written by multiple writers, prizes will be divided at the writers' discretion.
4) To enter your script electronically, you must submit in one of the following formats: .PDF (preferred), Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, or Text.
5) Entrants to the Hollywood Screenplay Contest retain all rights to their screenplays.
6) Entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
7) You may submit your entry and payment either online or by mail. No preference will be given to either method of submission.
8) Entries must be mailed and postmarked by the applicable Entry Deadline.
9) Once a script has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revised drafts. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission.
10) The Hollywood Screenplay Contest will not share your screenplay with anyone except the official judges of the competition.
11) By entering the Hollywood Screenplay Contest, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people.
12) Entry fees are non-refundable.
13) Screenplays are not accepted by mail.
14) Submissions must be the original work of the applicant. Entries may be adapted from the applicant’s own work.
15) The decisions of the judges are final.
16) The Hollywood Screenplay Contest reserves the right to make any necessary changes, postponements, or cancellations to event scheduling at our discretion.
17) Notification of winners and official finalists will be sent by email and posted on our website. It is the responsibility of the winners to redeem any prizes allotted to them by the Hollywood Screenplay Contest or our sponsors. Applicants will be repsonsible for providing current contact information and mailing addresses for prize redemption purposes.
18) By submitting to the Hollywood Screenplay Contest, you represent that your entry is your original work, you are authorized to submit to the Contest, and your entry does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people.