The Hill Country Film Festival takes place in Fredericksburg, in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. A town unlike any other in Texas, Fredericksburg is filled with unique shopping and an artistic warmth. Tourists flock to it, not only from Texas but from all over the world. The city’s Main Street and Historic District have a German influence in the form of bakeries, restaurants, brew pubs, art galleries, and specialty shops. Beyond the city, tourist explore Luckenbach, tour wineries, peach orchards, golf and hike Enchanted Rock. HCFF is dedicated to bringing independent filmmakers and their films to this charming city, as a celebration of the city’s artistic spirit and its people.
HCFF welcomes films in the form of features (recommended between 90-120 minutes) and shorts (recommended under 30 minutes), along with documentaries in either form.
Cinema Dulce Award (Best of Fest)*
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best Texas Film*
Best Short Screenplay
Best Feature Screenplay
Audience Choice Award
*Cash prizes will be given to winners of the festival’s Cinema Dulce - Best of Fest ($1,500) and Best Texas Film ($1,000) awards sponsored by Texas’ premier boutique winery Pedernales Cellars.
1. We encourage the submission of films in the form of feature-length (recommended 90-120 minutes), short-length films (recommended under 30 minutes). International films are also welcome but must be either be in English or have English subtitles.
2. Films must be available for screening during the festival, April 26 - April 29, 2018.
3. By submitting a film to HCFF, you grant the Hill Country Film Festival permission to screen your film, if said film is officially accepted into this year's lineup.
4. By submitting a film to HCFF, you agree to allow highlights or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the HCFF website and used for other marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to allow HCFF to promote the following year's festival with the above excerpts, highlights and/or trailers. HCFF will never solicit or screen your film outside the promotion of the HCFF.
5. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee.
6. The only acceptable way to submit your film is via FilmFreeway, as an online screener (vimeo password protected link is recommended).
7. The selected works will be exhibited digitally (shorts only) and on Blu-ray & DCP (features only).
8. In accordance with the HCFF policy, the entry fee is non-refundable. You will not be allowed to enter your work, unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the HCFF.
9. Filmmaker must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist on the film.
10. All entries must be submitted through FilmFreeway by February 16, 2018.
11. Notification of selections will be by March 20, 2018. Only then will the film be considered for awards. Please understand that acceptance in the festival will in no way guarantee that you, your actors or crew will be offered paid transportation or lodging for the event. We do promise a good time, however.