HarassMe is a short shorts film festival produced by Cat Call Choir that aims at capturing the essence of what it feels like to be harassed based on ones gender. Film categories include public spaces, workplace, online, and youth and the maximum time limit is 60 seconds. Novice/first time filmmakers and students are highly encouraged to enter and there is no limit to the number of entries per filmmaker.
Two elements make HarassMe unique:
GUARANTEED SCREENINGS and DONATION BASED ENTRIES.
HarassMe is a platform to make visible everyone's experiences of harassment irrespective of gender. For this reason, filmmakers may pay as little as $1 to enter. For those who can afford to pay more for entry, your donations will go toward Cat Call Choir community events such as voice lessons, filmmaking basics, and songwriting workshops.
Audience accessibility is equally important. We want as many people as possible to see your film. Therefore, public screenings will be based on recommended donation levels for audience members and no will be turned away for a lack of funds.
PianoFight is a premiere Indy Entertainment spot in San Francisco, CA and home to events like SF Sketchfest, and host to 20-year Bay Area veterans Killing My Lobster.
The New Parkway Theater in Oakland, CA is an unorthodox film and community events entertainment venue known for its informal, living room-esque aesthetics and genre combination of popular, indy, and art-focused showings.
Each screening will including a cocktail hour, live performance by an all-genders iteration of
Cat Call Choir, and special guests.
All films, on-time and late, are eligible for Audience Choice Awards, one from each category. Winners will be determined by audience ballot from all screening locations in San Francisco and Oakland, CA and each winning filmmaker will receive $100USD. Three local filmmakers will receive prizes from Bay Area businesses such as certificates for equipment rental and production studio time. Three non-local filmmakers will receive a one-year subscription for Adobe Premiere Pro CC in download form. These prizes will be awarded by random lottery.
Rules and Terms:
1. All films must adhere to the one minute maximum time limit.
2. Omit credits, including titles from your film. Film titles and credits will appear in festival programs and on the HarassMe website.
3. Although we encourage few or no spoken words, they may be in ANY language.
4. Although we encourage working without subtitles, may too may be in ANY language.
5. There is no limit to number of entries per filmmaker.
6. Audience Choice Awards in each category will be determined by in-person ballots at all public screening locations.
7. Entry fees are based on recommended donation levels to allow anyone regardless of their financial situation to participate.