The "Gulf of Naples Independent Film Festival" is an event intended to serve as an international showcase for films of various types and gender, in order to promote and spread the art, auteur and experimental films that are not released in cinemas playhouses, to foster dialogue between different experiences and to create a meeting point for the support of cinema culture.
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Short Documentary
Best Web Series
Best Screenplay "Elvio Porta Award"
Festival Special Mentions
Films from all nations will be considered only if they have:
- English and Italian subtitles
- for Feature Films a minimum length of 60 minutes (excluded are works already projected in any movie theater or who have had a distribution in Italy or abroad)
- for Short Films a length of 30 minutes or less
- for Animation Films a lenght of 30 minutes or less
- for Documentary a minimum lengh of 40 minutes
- For Short Documentary a length of 30 minutes or less
- for Web Series at least 3 episodes
A public prize is foreseen. The films that will give us permission will be published (during the days of the live event) via links on the facebook page and voted by clicking "like" on the movie poster.
Works that have already been screened at other festivals or distributed over the internet will also be accepted.
If a film is selected, screening formats allowed are: mov, h264, mpeg4. Other formats must be approved by the Festival Programming Office. No rental fees will be paid for this section. Italian subtitles are required for foreign languages. If there is a difficult to make Italian Subtitles, the tranlsation can be done by Festival interpreter.
In case of selection, materials must be sent as following to the email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• The film and the Trailer of the film for promotional purposes with English and Italian subtitles, mov, h264, mpeg4 formats;:
• Film synopsis in English and Italian.
• Director’s biography in English and Italian (min 400/max 500 characters, spaces included).
• Director’s filmography (list of titles and years of production) in English and Italian.
• Director’s statement in English and Italian.
• Photographic documentation with publishing authorization: 2 images of the film in JPEG format (for promotion on the web); Each photo should be labelled with the film title and a number (e.g. film_title1.jpg; film_title2.jpg).
The photos will be published in colour on the Festival website and in black and white on the Festival catalogue. It is possible to send both colour and black and white versions of the photos.