The 2019 Green Apple Video Competition is now open! To participate, students must create a PSA video on the subject of “Zero Waste”. Submissions can be up to two-minute in length. All Middle School, High School and College Students of the San Joaquin Valley are eligible to enter the video competition. Entries will be judged by a panel of green building experts. Winners receive a membership to CMAC.
Winning videos and runner ups will be shown during a reception at the Art Museum on Earth Day, April 20, 2019. The videos will also be highlighted on the CMAC channel and the websites of USGBC Central California and used for education purposes. Deadline for entries is Friday, March 22 by 6pm.
To enter, follow these instructions:
Each video entry must address the subject of reducing waste. Use creativity to fit it into your story, and pick that which works with your video's design and tone.
Here are samples of topics each PSA could address:
- Your own waste reduction project at school
- Recycling: What to recycle and what not to recycle
- Plastic Pollution
- Zero Waste
Winning team members will win membership to CMAC
1. Each entrant must be a middle, high school or college student currently living in the San Joaquin Valley.
2. Each student may only enter once. Team submissions of up to 4 team members allowed.
3. Video must be at least 30-seconds long and no longer than 2 minutes.
4. All entries must follow the Creative Challenge above.