*50% off on all submissions*
Use Code: GAA50DIS
Green Academy Awards (GAA) is organised by a non-profit film society, dedicated to save and preserve life and environment in its most natural state on this planet. It fosters the growth and symbiosis between man and nature for a better and sustainable future. Our motto is to raise awareness about environmental harm that has been progressing since the beginning of the industrial revolution. We believe in delivering ideas of sustainability and prevention against climate change with the help of powerful films that speak for itself.
At GAA we believe that film is a very significant medium to reach the mass and bring changes in people’s mindset to become responsible citizens. We focus on preserving wildlife and contribute to maintaining an ecological balance by saving our precious natural resources.
Films that have the green language that holds the potential to educate others about the current degrading concerns of the environment are welcomed here. Moreover, the films that showcase the natural and raw beauty of the environment are also praised. We look forward to ensuring that humans progress to care and culture as the basis of environmental education, prevention and control.
GAA has taken a challenge upon itself to initiate the cause behind environmental purification and ecological growth. Our values lie in contributing to the environmental economy as a part of saving the ecosystem and ecology with sustainable growth. We’ll showcase films that will highlight the plight of endangered species and the works of eminent environmentalists to protect Mother Earth as we know it. Our duties as the children of Mother Nature shall bring the curiosity of future generations with an enhanced healthy, clean, green and safe future for them.
Our vision is to contribute and play a crucial role in saving the planet, raising awareness among the society and to build a sustainable environment for our future generation.
We are dedicated to revive Mother Earth to its purest form.
Our mission is to create mass awareness about the threats humans caused to Nature.
We thrive to encounter a sustainable future with compassionate livelihood and wellbeing of the society in an environment friendly manner. The amount raised from our festival will be contributed to various NGOs and Governmental organisations to save the oceans, soil and the air. Let’s act before it’s too late.
All Officially Selected projects in each month will receive Green Academy Awards laurels and certificates. All monthly Award Winners will receive laurel and customised certificates and are rated on their respective IMDb pages (if applicable).
Besides the BEST OF THE CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS and HONOURABLE MENTION AWARDS, which are given, in all categories.
Each year we select the Best of the Best (From the pool of all award winners from all Seasons) and the FINAL WINNERS receive the prestigious GREEN ACADEMY AWARDS and are screened at the theatre in Shillong in front of a live audience.
2022 Winners will have a chance to meet with the audience and participate in the Q&A session after the screening. We also provide incentives for winning films, and present promotional strategies for those films and their directors. But that's not all: GAA will take you global with the international distribution opportunities for your films.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into the selection process of GREEN ACADEMY AWARDS, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms. GAA is open to any film regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the GAA is not a guarantee of selection. All the winning films will receive the prestigious ‘GREEN ACADEMY AWARDS’ Trophy, Certificate of Recognition. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. Once a film is submitted to GAA, the same film can’t be re-submitted again.
3. A director / producer may submit more than one film. GAA is hereby granted the rights to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the project. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
4. The GAA reserves the right to refuse entries.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless GAA, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
6. The organiser will not refund any fees once the filmmaker submits his / her film. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission copy may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the programming director or executive director. GAA does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
7. After a film has been selected, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the GAA website. The ‘Selected’ status means that you can use the GAA Laurel on your poster & banners.
8. All submitted films will be privately screened for the GAA judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
9. “Best of the Best” films will receive prestigious GREEN ACADEMY AWARDS’, Trophy and Certificate.
10. Filmmakers’ submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link of your film.
12. GAA may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.